(Closed) New York area hair & makeup pricing? I have no idea what the norm is!

posted 6 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Hi 

I saw a post about this on the Knot.They were saying for NYC (Which is always $$$) under $300 for hair and make up is considered “decent.” I’m sure you could probably find cheaper, but people on that post people recommended Styled by Jen and Margie Bresciani. There’s also a woman on this site, Eden, a former bride that’s a make up artist. Hope that helps!

Post # 4
18 posts
Newbee

I emailed a ton of NYC hair and makeup vendors and I find that most of the prices for bride hair AND makeup is around $300 (on the low end) and go as high as $500.  Bridesmaids’ hair AND makeup is around $150 (on the low end) and go as high as $200.  It might be cheaper if you find a non-NYC based vendor.  Hope this helps!

Post # 5
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I didn’t really shop around, but my MUA charges $225 for one service (hair or makeup) or $350 for both.  For an attendant or MOB, she charges $90 for one service or $180 for both.  HTH!

Post # 6
835 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

My cousin got married here in NYC and she had her make up done from a make up artist Terrance Welcher (google him) and he did all her bridesmaids too. He used to work for MAC so he knows his stuff. It looks very good, I think! He charged $200 for the brides make up and $50 for the bridesmaid. I thought it was reasonably priced for a known make up artist 🙂

Post # 7
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I know a hairstylist that is traveling to my location in long island (and travels all over ) and she is doing my hair for $150 and my bridesmaids for $90. Her name is Lauren DeCosimo and her number is 631-807-1636. SHe worked out some sort of deal with me and  If you message me, I’ll give you my name and she’ll hook you up to! 

Post # 8
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

[Post moderated for violation of self promotion policy]

The topic ‘New York area hair & makeup pricing? I have no idea what the norm is!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors