Post # 47
Thank you! Fiance and I came home after quake. Must say a bottle of wine sure helped to cure the nerves!
Am also thinking travel agent account but I’m still undecided about whether to go with flight centre or air nz. I like how you can get a koru pass and fly buys with air nz.
Totally jealous you have Jimmy Choos! Do you have a pic?
Post # 48
I totally agree! I can’t believe how many wedding dress designers we don’t see in NZ.
Not sure about where I would go. Maybe Paris? I’m honestly not sure. I do like the look of a tropical wedding but the heat might be too much (can’t say I love really hot weather!!). My main concern would be affordability for the guests.
My parents live in Te Puna. LOVE Nourish cafe, fabulous idea to have your reception there. Are you having your ceremony at your parent’s place?
Post # 49
Thanks! I’m SO excited to try it on! But SO anxious about it arriving on time if I officially decide on it :-S
Yeah I’m really keen on the Koru Lounge passes! Never been in the Koru Lounge before and everyone raves about it!
Post # 50
Well I’m glad you guys are ok and fingers crossed that the aftershocks will stop soon enough.
‘s request to see pics of your Jimmy Choos. And I hope your first fitting goes well.
Don’t get me started on the lack of availability. I can’t order Mori Lee dresses online because their US stores can no longer accept international orders and the closest salon that stocks it never replied to my e-mail inquiring if they had particular dresses in stock – because I wanted to check first if they had it before I flew over there grrr. Well when you’re engaged and if you need help sourcing dresses, let me know
Oooh Paris would be amazing. Hehe I’m not a fan of hot weather either which is why I insisted on a winter wedding. Maybe you can elope and then have a big reception here?
When are you going to try it on? Does the salon you’re going to do rush orders?
Post # 51
I’m going to try it on next Saturday! Hopefully they do rush orders!
Post # 52
Stoked to find this board. Have been reading weddingbee for ages but I never thought to see if there was a kiwi board.
We live in Wellington but we’re getting married in Queenstown – the place that we got engaged 🙂
- Wedding date: 23rd March 2014
- Ceremony Venue: Stoneridge Chapel By the Lake – Queenstown
- Reception Venue: Skyline Queenstown
- Catering: Skyline Queenstown
- Toast Wine: Veuve Cliquot
- Florist/Decoration Hire/Event Stylist: The Flower Room for Flowers and other décor to be arranged by Simply Perfect.
- Wedding Planner/Day of Coordinator: Sarah @ Simply Perfect
- Celebrant: Philippa Cook
- Photographer: Rich Bayley
- Videographer: Sunshine Wedding Video
- Cake Vendor: Cherry Blossom Cakes
- Makeup Artist: Renee Little
- Hairdresser: TBC
- Bridal Gown: Jasmine Bridal purchased from Princess Brides in Lower Hutt
- Accessories: TBC
- Shoes: Custom made – Sparkly and Red from Design Your Pedestal
- Wedding Bands: I will get a plain white gold band and FH will get a titanium band
- Groom’s Suit: TBC
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Red and Chiffon – probably from light in the box.
- Groomsmen’s Suits: TBC
- Flowergirl Dress and/or Ringbearer Outfit:
- DJ/Band/iPod: DJ – Atmospheric DJ
- Transport: TBC
- Wedding Night Accommodation: We have booked rental accommodation – http://www.relaxaway.co.nz/queenstown-holiday-homes-to-rent/unit-30-goldrush-way/
- Honeymoon: Lomani Resort in Fiji Baby
- Gift registry: Not having one. As we’re having a destination wedding, I will be requesting no gifts.
- Guestbook: Thinking about using a canvas that the guests can sign so we can display on the wall.
- Favours: Not sure on this yet. We are considering paying from brunch the next day instead.
- Stationery: Designed by me but using Cards and Pockets Stationery.
- Colours: Red, Ivory and a hint of silver/sparkle.
- Theme: Modern Elegance
- Hens Party: Not sure yet. Possibly a bach up the Kapiti Coast somewhere…
Post # 53
Another March 21-23 weekend Bee! Welcome
I have been to your venue to luge a few years back and it is beautiful!
Post # 54
Welcome! Ooh you’re getting married on the same day as one of my best friends! Would love to see your dress if you’d like to share – I love seeing beautiful gowns. Your venues look amazing – the chapel seems especially idyllic.
Post # 55
Thanks @FirstComesLoveNZ. We really wanted a venue that showed Queenstown in all its glory and the Skyline certainly does!
It seems like a pretty popular weekend.We would have gone with the 22nd but our ceremony venue doubles as a reception venue and the only we were able to use it was to either have our reception there (out of our budget) or have the ceremony at 1300 and that seemed a bit too early.
I’ve met another Wellington bride on the Weddings NZ forum who is also the same day as you 🙂
Post # 56
Thanks – seems like there is a lot of kiwi brides here. I would love to but I cannot, for the life of me, find the designer pic or any pic online. I’ve attached a similar dress from their line but my beading is a bit different, the belt is a slightly different design and the bodice and the dress a connected a bit more seamlessly if that makes sense. It is very princessy but not too poofy. I loved a lot of the A line dresses but I didn’t want my dress to end up looking like eveyone elses in photos. I also LOVE looking at gorgeous dresses – it’s what attracted me to this site in the first place 🙂
It’s due to arrive in a couple of weeks so I’ll make sure to get some pics.
Post # 57
Oh I love seeing the dresses on this site. I do admit I get some dress envy when I see dresses that people have purchased from designer flagship stores however. Oh and the rings.
Looking forward to seeing pics of your actual dress Did Simply Perfect handle your planning or will they just take care of the day-of coordination?
Post # 58
Oh I know the feeling. I’ve had some really bad dress envy from this site. Especially when I haven’t seen my dress for awhile.
Simply Perfect are pretty much doing the whole thing. They have packages that the offer which work out really well but we still get to choose our own vendors etc. Really handy when you’re not from the area and it is certainly a weight off of my mind knowing that I won’t have to worry about all of the details in the final weeks 🙂
I can see that you’re thinking of using a DOC and that you’re a control freak like me but from everything that I’ve read, it’s one of the best decisions you’ll make 🙂
Post # 59
I’ve been wondering if it would be frivolous expense but I really want to make sure we do enjoy the day and not have to worry about anything.
Post # 60
Whoopsie, just realised I forgot to reply. Yeah i can do a hanger like that one. Did you want the twine on it also? I havent done one of the twine hangers but have been wanting to for a while.
Hope everyones wedding plans are coming along well. Iv had a few hanger enquiries for early 2014 weddings, they really are just around the corner!
Post # 61
Have been lurking for months and registered ages ago but this is my first time posting!
Thought I would join in on the NZ chat. Ordered my dress on Saturday so now I am on a wedding high. Good time to jump in and join the fun I think!
(Please excuse any formatting errors, first time posting so still getting used to the layout of this forum! )
- Wedding date: 22/11/2014
- Ceremony Venue: my grandparent’s church in Burwood, CHCH.
- Reception Venue: Melton Estate
- Catering: Done by our venue
- Toast Wine: Summer Love – Melton Estate’s sparkling riesling. Delish!
- Florist/Decoration Hire/Event Stylist: Simple Elegance
- Wedding Planner/Day of Coordinator: My mum and aunty will take the reins on the day I imagine!
- Celebrant: Minister at the church who is a good friend of my grandparents
- Photographer: Emma Brittenden
- Videographer: Not having one
- Cake Vendor: Cake is being made by my talented mum!
- Makeup Artist: Marcella de Wys
- Hairdresser: Jen at Sirrocco Hair and Beauty. A good friend of mine 🙂
- Bridal Gown: Just ordered from Astra Bridal in Wellington on Sunday! Grace by Maggie Sottero. LOOOOOVE IT!!!
- Accessories: Not 100% yet but most likely my nana’s pearl necklace and bracelet
- Shoes: Haven’t picked yet but something flat or with a kitten heel as fiance and I are so close in height, if I wear high heels I will tower over him!
- Wdding Bands: From Stewart Dawsons, where my engagement ring is also from
- Groom’s Suit: Connor brand from Farmers
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Principals (teal and black)
- Groomsmen’s Suits: again Connor from Farmers
- Flowergirl Dress and/or Ringbearer Outfit: Will be from Farmers (seeing a theme here?!)
- DJ/Band/iPod: Have booked a DJ through Canterbury Entertainment
- Transport: London Cab
- Wedding Night Accommodation: Not sure yet, so few hotels in Christchurch these days. Probably The Heritage.
- Honeymoon: San Francisco, Vegas and Hawaii
- Gift registry: Flight Centre
- Guestbook: Haven’t decided yet
- Favours: Candy buffet
- Stationery: Have picked a design I love from Ink Invites but will make final decision closer to the time
- Colours: Teal, silver and a little bit of black
- Theme: Haven’t got a theme as such, not at this stage anyway
- Bachelorette Party: Will be planned closer to the time. Bridesmaid (my sister in law) has big plans! I don’t want anything too outrageous.