(Closed) NEWBEE!! Any October 2014 brides!?

posted 5 years ago in October 2014
Post # 3
Hostess
23597 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@jazzdhuereca:  Welcome to WB!  I moved this post into the Oct 2014 boards for you, in hopes that the ladies here will have similar musings as you!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 5
Hostess
23597 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@jazzdhuereca:  Let us know whatever questions you have! Happy to help.

Post # 7
358 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Welcome!  I guess it all depends on how in-demand your venue and chosen vendors are.  I have a photographer, some decor bought (vases), my shoes are done and a card box.  Thats it… I have my venue picked out but can’t sign a contract until a year before.  I’ve got my guest list done ish and a colour scheme, though I am looking at options right now.  I’ll be ordering my favors soon as I found a great deal on them ๐Ÿ™‚  We’re all at different stages though and there is no rule of thumb!  

Post # 8
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@jazzdhuereca:  I too am planning a wedding for October 18, 2014 and a senior in college. I def think it is better to be ahead and organized, especially with “life”. I have put a deposit on our venue, bought my dress, selected a bridal party, drafted a guest list and selected a theme. I have bought a few things here and there, besides making the rest of the deposits on my vendors, I plan on doing the rest of thing like picking out bridesmaid dresses, cake, and bridal shower next year.

Post # 9
692 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Legare Waring House

Planning for next October, and I’ll be in grad school through December, and we’re long distance, and getting married in his hometown…where neither of us live! 

So I totally hear you, it’s a busy time, but hopefully with some advance planning, you can make baby steps.

To echo what some bees have already said…you may want to look at the venue, especially if you have one that you love! Ours was booked for 3 weekends next October, before we booked, in MARCH! Granted, we are getting married at a very popular destination, but it never hurts…you may even save some money by locking in this year’s rate.

Good luck to you!

Post # 10
2587 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - UK

Hello and welcome! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m an Oct 2014 bride – so far I’ve booked the church, reception venue and photographer. Hoping to work on looking at flowers over the Summer, and looking to buy a dress before the end of the year (some time between September and December). Bridesmaids dresses and Groomswear will be a project for the New Year!

But everyone works at a different pace, and you sound like you’ve got a lot going on – work out a timetable that works for you – although getting the ‘Big ticket’ things down early can save you a lot of stress later on.

The topic ‘NEWBEE!! Any October 2014 brides!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors