- 9 months ago
Hey everyone, I’m Hayley from England, nice to meet you all! Its hllovely to finally become a member of weddingbee! I have been surfing in the background for a few months and after all my research on here and elsewhere on the net I have 100% decided on a 2.5ct Moissanite; specifically the Hearts & Arrows cut as I have read everywhere that it is the most diamond like and not too disco ball, which is what I’m after. You guys are so knowledgable and if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t even know about Hearts & Arrows so I just want to say thank you guys so much! My Mr is equally as in love with it too – yay!!
Anyway I was hoping for some help in answering a few questions that I have…
1) Where is the BEST place to order one? Research tells me that it’s best to order the stone online is this right? That would work for us as we are looking to get it custom designed/set in the UK. I just want the best stone possible (of course!)
2) Can I view a H&A Moissanite stone? Is there anywhere in or around London?
3) I have read that you can buy H&A Moissanite from a place called Charles & Colvard which is located in Birmingham UK, three hours from me. This work work for us but I recall reading on here that C&C is not a good place to order from as people have found black dots in them is this still the case? I am aware this issue is now resolved but if I order from them how can I be sure that I have a nee upgrade stone, not an old one?
4) Everyone talks about ordering from Moissaniteco.com and I’ve checked it their page on Instagram and I’m totally confused! ALL their pics or vids of H&A Moissanite state F1? I thought Forever One and H&A were completely different things? I didn’t think there was any such thing as a Forever One H&A?? Please can someone clarify this? Whilst I like the Forever One, my heart is set on the more diamond-like whiter appearance of the H&A…….
5) I’m a ring size N, is that a 7mm US size? I guess if I get it set in the UK then it doesn’t matter about this but thought I would double check in case I find one already set online that I like!
6) Lots of you seem to have the round classic style, which I love, but I have decided on the cushion cut (but with no halo). I always seem to screenshot the Cushion cuts so it’s deffo my favourite! Would I sacrifice on things like the brilliance by having this cut? Is there a reason why I seem to see more round H&A’s than other cuts? As you can tell I am pretty clueless about this whole thing LOL……. if I go for Cushion cut stone, am I able to order this on Moissaniteco?
7) I see people using words like enhanced and unenhanced, different grades such as D or E, what does this mean? And what’s best for the H&A colourless?
8) I love the look of a very thin band which is made of matching H&A Moissanite stones all the way around, is this possible? Or do they stop half way round? Would I buy these on Moissaniteco and how would I know how many I need?
OMG I’m so sorry for the long post! I’ve probably got loads more to ask but I think that will do for now 🙂
Thank you and I hope you can help! Looking forward to sharing my journey and getting to know you all