(Closed) Newbie here & hoping for a nicer enviornment than the knot!

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1124 posts
Bumble bee

Could you possibly post the link the the Knot thread you’re talking about?

Post # 4
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Luxuryshoegal88: I’ve never been to the Knot boards but I have heard that it is very cruel and clique-y.

These boards are great. There are a lot of supportive posters and lots of great ideas.

You won’t always get everyone agreeing with you when you post, but the responses you will get are for the most part constructive and caring.

Snark and personal attacks are not allowed here.

Welcome to the bee!

(PS I LOVE shoes, so your name is great)

ETA: I just noticed we are wedding date twins!!

Post # 5
1667 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Well they certainly were honest, which is what you said you wanted. But to answer your question, yes the hive (that’s what we call the community here on weddingbee) is much more supportive and much less cruel with our responses. Of course you will get a lot of different opinions, as we are all coming from lots of different backgrounds, but for the most part, everyone is very nice and supportive.

Post # 6
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Yeah – I’ve heard the Knot can get a little nasty.

I love posting here, and while people won’t always agree with you, they do give very good advice!

Welcome!

Post # 8
6394 posts
Bee Keeper

Uggh, I feel you! They do have a reputation of being vicious.

I posted that I was worried because my friend and I wanted the same wedding theme and we got engaged around the same time. Holy shit, I have never had so many mean things said about me.

There were about two pages of people telling me I was high maintenance and I probably wanted a two-carat ring from Tiffany’s (still not sure how that correlates….and no offense to the women who have large rings, but mine’s a third of a carat from a mall jewelry store) and how I was a horrible friend.

So I know that it hurts to have those things said about you (I cried to FI), but just delete your account over there and try to brush it off. ๐Ÿ™

We’re definitely much nice here.

Post # 10
293 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

WELCOME!! I love it here.. ♥

Post # 11
1124 posts
Bumble bee

Woah, those ladies are getting awfully personal in that thread. Your responses to some of that “advice” were classy. Totally agree with you that having a Fiance from a different region can effect communication styles ๐Ÿ™‚

Eep, I had no idea theKnot was such a scary place :/

Post # 12
Hostess
16215 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Welcome hun! I’ve been here for almost two years, and I love the WB community. Sure, we have our drama on occasion too, but it’s only from a very small number of fiesty users. ๐Ÿ™‚ Overall, the community is immensly helpful and welcoming!

Kudos to you for clearing out your debt so that you wouldn’t have to take that into a relationship with your fiance! And you guys can definitely have an awesome honeymoon, no matter your budget. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
3758 posts
Honey bee

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here better =)

Post # 16
747 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

ick!! i just read the thread, how did they think any of those comments are helpful?? geez! well, welcome!! i hope you find it to be a more positive crowd here=) 

The topic ‘Newbie here & hoping for a nicer enviornment than the knot!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors