(Closed) Newly Engaged, April 2011 wedding possible?

posted 7 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

if you’re planning to get married in dc, i would be concerned about availability. especially in april, which is around cherry blossom time.

if you can afford it, get a wedding planner. it’s totally possible to plan in 3-4 months, you just have to hurry up and make sure vendors/venues are available. luckily, dc is a big city and has a lot to choose from.

Post # 4
5890 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

i think it depends on how big an event this is going to be…how many people are you thinking?

Post # 6
493 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I think your biggest obstacles would be getting a venue and then your dress. I think it can happen though!

Post # 8
2871 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I think it could happen if you find an all in one venue that is available in April and if you aren’t super picky about your dress and need major alterations.

You can do it but you need to get on it like NOW.

Post # 9
514 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

It can totally be done but would you be happy? I listed concerns I would have below.

Venues might be booked or only have limited dates/times

Vendors may be booked and you have to take whose available

Only certain dress designers could get you a dress or you might have to take a sample

Many guests might not be able to come with short notice

You don’t really get to enjoy being engaged…it’s over so soon

Post # 11
198 posts
Blushing bee

@kitzy: Cherry blossoms in DC… love love love.

Post # 12
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@NJmeetsBX: I ordered my dress in November and it comes in April for alteration. I would be looking for a sample sale or off the rack and getting alterations done. I think venue is the most important and since you live in a big city-catering should be no problem if you are having to do that separate from your venue. I think it’s totally possible to plan it-with the help of all the BEE’s on here! They will help keep you sane. I would only suggest don’t keep trying to do all the diy stuff because you will get stressed of all the stuff you need to do. And lastly DELEGATE!!! It’s lots of work but possible if you get help. Keep in mind you often have to be direct with people and give  timeline (Would you be willing to create so and so, before this date?). Congrats on your engagement!!!

Post # 13
7693 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@NJmeetsBX:

It can most likely be done. #100 is good.  We were engaged for 4 months.  Everything worked out fine!!  What kind of feeling/type of wedding do you want?

Oh yeah, Congratulations!! 🙂

Post # 14
5890 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

just to hop on what ellie said, i would only delegate to those that have expressed an interest in helping…i don’t think your wedding party should be “punished” because you are choosing a very close date, you know?

Post # 15
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I went dress shopping yesterday and the sales consultant got confused and thought I was getting married this march and she said as long as the dress is in stock in your size you could get it in a couple weeks…So I dont know if all bridal salons work this way, but she didnt seem too concerned lol

The topic ‘Newly Engaged, April 2011 wedding possible?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors