(Closed) Newly Engaged! Questions about Dresses &Trunk Shows

posted 9 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What's the best way to find your dress?
    online searching : (5 votes)
    71 %
    sample sales : (2 votes)
    29 %
    trunk shows : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    2324 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2018

If you have a store that carries OLR in your area, call them and see if they have the dress, if not, they should be able to get it for you. A store in Dallas did that for me with a Lela Rose gown.

Post # 4
    5399 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I would actually first browse online to look at styles, designers, etc. that you like.  Then, I would hit up sample sales and trunk shows because you never know where you’ll find a good deal.  You could also just go to regular salons to get ideas of what you like on so when you go to sample sales and trunk shows you have a better idea of what you are looking for.  Good luck and enjoy the dress hunt!

Post # 5
    665 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I have spent a lot of time… wait… TONS of time looking at every dress under the sun. Eventually I came up w/ all the… I want some lace, ruching, pearls, sparkle, sweetheart, A-Line w/ some poof. 
    I didn’t think I would be able to find a dress under 3k  I would love, but I did that too! Unless you can afford OdlR… there are plenty of options that are not nearly as expensive! My favorites are Maggie Sottero, Sottero and Midgley, Blue by Enzoani, and Jim Hjelm. Have a lot of fun and GL!

The topic ‘Newly Engaged! Questions about Dresses &Trunk Shows’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors