(Closed) Newlyweds & Married Bees…do you forget?

posted 6 years ago in Married Life
  • poll: Did you have a hard time adjusting to the new title?
    No, duh, I'm perfect. : (17 votes)
    22 %
    No, I like purple. : (14 votes)
    18 %
    Yes, totally normal! : (39 votes)
    50 %
    Yes, because my brain was like jello post-wedding. : (8 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 3
    1664 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I got married June 2011 and I still sometimes catch myself about to call my husband my “boyfriend.”  So, I’m hoping it’s normal 🙂

Post # 4
    1319 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

January, and boyfriend still slips out. Also sometimes don’t answer when people call Mrs. Hislastname.

Post # 5
    9056 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2010

Not so much anymore but I did sign a legal document at work for a client with my maiden name. Only slightly embarrassing to have to call them back to tell them it needed to be redone because I forgot my name. 

Post # 6
    704 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

I still do. The worst is writing my new last name on public documents.

My most recent embarrassing one was when I was job hunting. I was on a phone interview and realized I had applied and addressed myself with my married name but submitted a resume and email address that used my maiden name. Undecided

Post # 9
    329 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I accidentally refer to my husband as my boyfriend sometimes. I did so much the one night, that a friend I just met so wondering if I had a “boyfriend” AND a husband lol I’ve gotten better at it as time goes by, but it still happens and I have no clue why. 

Post # 10
    4038 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I wasn’t really active on here before my wedding, so I didn’t have a problem with the FI/DH thing, but for probably the first 6 months or so after I got married I occasionally found myself giving my maiden name when asked for my last name. I still sometimes call him my boyfriend, but I do so conciously and playfully.

Post # 11
    4327 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 1992

Sometimes it was difficult, but you get used to it. When I’m telling stories on the bee about our pre-married life, I’m not certain if I should refer to him as “FI” because that’s what he was at the time, or “DH” because that’s what he is now. 

Post # 12
    1676 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

We got married in June and I still have to think before speaking or I say Fiance from time to time. We were engaged for over two years before getting married though, so I don’t think this is crazy (at least I hope).

Post # 13
    4327 posts
    Honey bee

PS: Will somethiing happen to me in 3 more posts, when I hit 1000?

Post # 14
    4327 posts
    Honey bee

2 more posts?

Post # 15
    4327 posts
    Honey bee

THIS POST?????!!!!!   Tongue Out

Post # 16
    4327 posts
    Honey bee

YAY! BUMBLE BEE!!! Finally. Sheesh. 

The topic ‘Newlyweds & Married Bees…do you forget?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors