(Closed) Newlyweds & Married Bees…do you forget?

posted 10 years ago in Married Life
  • poll: Did you have a hard time adjusting to the new title?

No, duh, I'm perfect.

No, I like purple.

Yes, totally normal!

Yes, because my brain was like jello post-wedding.

• Post # 18
    2837 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 1992

@MsPoodles:  haha! I can imagine… “My Fiii…..Husband!” Eventually turns into “My Fuzzband”  and then “My husband” in conversation.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 19
    2837 posts
    Sugar bee

@AmeliaBedelia:  Yes! This day is special for me. While I’ve been a Bee for like 2 years now, my posting style reflects my life as an introvert where I do a lot of “listening” but not a lot of “talking” on the boards. I respond to posts, but never start them because I never know what to say. Some bees are comfortable discussing how many times a day they fart, and STARTING that discussion. Me, not so much. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 20
    2126 posts
    Buzzing bee

I used to forget that we weren’t married, so the transition was easy for me.

Post # 21
    1092 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I have gotten used to it, but it makes me feel old to have a husband! Laughing

Post # 22
    1583 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

sometimes i have a hard time saying husband. And if someone refers to DH as my husband, i.e. “where’s your husband?”. it kind of freaks me out.

Post # 23
    6610 posts
    Bee Keeper

I accidentally called my husband “Fiance” one time on our honeymoon. He teased me about it for days.

Post # 24
    660 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

I rarely forget to say it in real life, but for some reason I forget typing?  It’s weird.

I do still look at Dh sometimes and think, “He is my HUSBAND?!  WEIRD!!”

Post # 25
    3282 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 1993

I typed Fiance instead of DH for a solid couple weeks. It took a couple months to not mess it up in public. The name thing though? Answering the phone at work I’ve definitely had several times when I’ve answered ‘this is hisgoosiegirl maidenname, errr marriedname.’

It was almost always guys too, probably wondering what the heck was wrong with me that I didn’t now my name.

Post # 26
    1888 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I was only engaged for 4 months before we got married, so I never got used to finace… in fact, I’ve only been in a couple of serious relationships in my life, so I never even got used to boyfriend, and now he’s my husband!

Post # 27
    2515 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I’m okay at typing DH or husband, but it’s still weird to say husband or be referred to as wife. We were on our honeymoon the week after our wedding and when DH introduced me as his wife to people I got all caught off guard, and then I remembered, OH YEA!

Post # 28
    Hostess
    2683 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I used to actually call him “Boyfriend” sometimes. I still do occasionally, but I’m ok with it. What I am *not* ok with is the fact I spelled my last name wrong on a paper a few weeks ago and looked like a total idiot when I crossed it out and spelled it correctly. Newlywed fail.

Post # 29
    946 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

I’ve been married for almost two years, and I was chatting with a girl as I was paying at a store the other day about maiden names vs. married names…. and I signed the credit card slip with my old signature.

*face palm*

Post # 30
    3974 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

Yesterday morning at our church they revealed the new logo, which I designed. When they said “Designed by Kaitlin Hislastnme” I was kind of taken off guard and I was like “oh yeah that’s my name now lol!” 

Post # 31
    1314 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

I’ve gotten much better about remembering to sign my full new signature. It’s the initials that are killing me. I had to initial a bunch of paperwork at work the other day and I slipped into the old habit of signing the old “AL” instead of the new “AM.” Took me about 10 times before I realized what I was doing. Whoops!

The topic ‘Newlyweds & Married Bees…do you forget?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors