(Closed) Newlyweds & Married Bees…do you forget?

posted 10 years ago in Married Life
  • poll: Did you have a hard time adjusting to the new title?

No, duh, I'm perfect.

No, I like purple.

Yes, totally normal!

Yes, because my brain was like jello post-wedding.

• Post # 32
    1073 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

I totally do this. I kind of forget that I’m married sometimes. Uhhh. Yeah. Idiot.

I had a major moment the other day when my Spanish class was doing a joint project with one of the education classes. I had to introduce myself as “señora.” I felt approximately ancient.

Post # 33
    248 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

It took a few months to adjust to calling him husband.  Just like it took a few months to adjust to fi instead of bf.  I’ve been married for almost 8 months though and still am not used to my new last name though.  That’s really gonna take some getting used to, haha.  I still hesitate when people ask me my name.  “I’m Shelley…uh”  Lol!

Post # 34
    851 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

At times I’ve done the this is my boyf..er..fia… no HUSBAND lol!

At imagration coming back from our honeymoon the guy said “are you married” and we were like “no.. I mean YES!” lol!

Post # 35
    10972 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

@AmeliaBedelia:  It took me about the length of our honeymoon, 2 weeks.  Calling him my husband now flows easy, but responding to being Mrs. still hasn’t and it’s been 7 months as of wednesday!

Post # 36
    458 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

I just thought of a new level of cluelessness I obtained that I think very few bees will match.

I didn’t know how to properly pronounce my own last name. There’s a J in the middle and I always pronounced it like an H (like people do with Jose). A couple weeks ago a lady asked me how to say my last name so I told her. We get out and DH goes “Honey, the J is pronounced like a Y.”I was so embarrassed.

When you say it at a normal speed it all sounds the same but when I broke it down more slowly to tell other people how to say it, I was apparently making a very distinct butchering.

Post # 37
    851 posts
    Busy bee

LOL ok now I don’t feel so bad. My new last name is very simple… but it can be pronounced 2 ways. So the other day I was like “honey… how do you say our last name?”

I’d been saying it wrong, apparently. I’m still not quite sure…. LOL!

Post # 38
    458 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

@CindyRelly:  Lol, me either. My husband pronounces the beginning of our last name two different ways sometimes so I’m still not entirely sure how our last name should be pronounced. I just wing it.

My first and last name combined now has 20 letters, and I took DH’s last name as is; no hyphenations/combo of his and my name.

At least it’s just long, though, and not embarrassing like having to say I’m “Mrs. Dunklebottoms” or something lol

Post # 39
    20 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2011

Shortly after the wedding my grandmother passed away. At the funeral DH kept getting confused when they’d herd the “family” to certain areas. The funeral home staff kept having to remind DH to go stand next to his wife. At least it gave us something to smile about that day. He kept saying, “this is all to new.” Poor guy. 

I on the other hand am a nurse and have to write my name about one-hundred times a day. I had a very difficult time trying to sign my name correctly – it got so bad I started signing the wrong credentials even – my brain not recognizing the name started putting MD rather than RN. That was a bit embarassing and surprising all at the same time. 

Post # 41
    601 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

So we’ve been married for 8 months…and I still routinely sign the wrong name on everything.

And then Saturday I was picking up a package at the post office and I stood there waiting….and waiting…and waiting…and then realized they had called HisLastName 20 minute ago and my brain was like ‘Who’s that? Not me. You’re Ms.PandaBear!’ Der.

Post # 42
    175 posts
    Blushing bee

Yeah…I said “fiance” to his face like 5 times already. haha.

Post # 43
    4107 posts
    Honey bee

i had a harder time transitioning from boyfriend to fiance. but from fiance to husband was pretty easy and fun!  though on here i sometimes accidentally typed Fiance i think in the beginning.

Post # 44
    7382 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: January 2011

On here, I didn’t have too much of a problem typing DH.  Saying husband took about 5 months before it actually felt natural.

The topic ‘Newlyweds & Married Bees…do you forget?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors