Post # 1
I know a lot of us did a lot of diy, or biy (buy it youself) for the million details that go into a wedding…lets post some of those details we worked so hard at!
Pics 1 & 2…candy buffet,
3 & 4 our photobooth
5 cootie catchers
6 handstamped & calligraphied all the escort cards myself
[attachment=624270,81377] [attachment=624270,81378] [attachment=624270,81379] [attachment=624270,81380] [attachment=624270,81381] [attachment=624270,81382]
Post # 3
1. our cookies (favor leaf tags made by me, found the cutest bird & tree stamp for the bags)
2. my moms bday cake (we surprised her with it at the reception)
3. our runner (ordered from a very talented etsy artist)
4. our bar menu (mr. contrary did this!)
5. our tree trunk guest book, and some photos of our family and our engagement in the background
[attachment=624287,81385] [attachment=624287,81386] [attachment=624287,81387] [attachment=624287,81388] [attachment=624287,81389]
Post # 4
Sadly, one of the reasons I didn’t love my photographer is because she didn’t really get any detail shots so I have none to share 🙁
Post # 5
I love this thread!! PLease post more ladies!! I’ve been looking for detail pictures lately, because time is a ticking!!
@ lillindy: That sucks!! i’m sorry, I would be upset too considering I worked really hard on the details!!
Post # 6
oh Lillindy, sorry to hear about that! i think i got too bogged down with details that i don’t have enough shots of the actual people that came! did you at least get good shots of you and your family/guests/bridal party?
Post # 7
- Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas
What a fun thread! I love detail shots!
Post # 8
@countrymary can you explain the cooty catches more? I’d love to hear!
I love the detail shots…I’ll have to see more 🙂
Post # 9
@contrarymary: Were those like the ones Martha has in her mag right now (cootie catchers?) they’re so cute!!! Love your pics!
Post # 10
I saw the ones in martha too!!!! I want to see what people have done in them though? the idea seems so cute…but I’d be clueless as what to put ON the cootie catcher?
Post # 11
1. Bouts for the boys, one of my favorite projects
2. My flowergirls in the t-shirts I made and gave to them when I asked them to be in the wedding. Standing in front of the fresh carnation pomanders that lined our aisle and turned out to be the biggest PIA ever!
3. Fishing poles that I had Fiance make out of antique bamboo pieces from old poles I bought on ebay. Our rings were tied to satin ribbon at the end of the line and our ring bearers carried these instead of pillows.
4. Candy Buffet
5. Signs for reserved seats at the ceremony and the hair flowers I made for maids and flowergirls
6. Pie pedestals and signs
[attachment=624666,81439] [attachment=624666,81441] [attachment=624666,81442]
Post # 12
Post # 13
Post # 14
loving this thread!! note to self, remind photographer to get details!
Post # 15
Sully and Bellanga…those cootie catchers were from an etsy seller online! but you can totally do this yourself, i think I saw Martha’s version online after i had ordered my cootie catchers! But the etsy seller that i got it from had a ton of great ideas for the info on the cootie catchers….much more than i could ever have dreamt up!
Gracie i have never seen any ring bearers with fishing poles! what a great catch! (sorry i couldn’t help the pun)
heres a few more pics that i can’t find from my pro photos…sorry its a bit messy its my dining room table!
1 & 2…birdie cakestand…you can find directions on Martha Stewart weddings for this…diy by my dh! (yea he got into the diy too!)
3….i do stickers on bottom of my shoes
4. Hanger…as you can see…wooden hanger for $9 from bed bath & beyond, and glitter stickers from a hobby store…oh so easy to do!
gosh i can’t remember from which bees i stole/borrowed some of these ideas! i took so many tutorials over the year and i’m not a great organizer!
[attachment=629700,82093] [attachment=629700,82094] [attachment=629700,82095] [attachment=629700,82096]
Post # 16
Gracie, i love those pie pedestals! did you make them?