(Closed) News to anyone with a BB&B registry:

posted 8 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
Bee
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010 - Al Cielo / La Laguna

Thanks! We registered there only because of the cash back policy. I will have to talk to Mr. M. and see if he wants to take all the items off of there.

Post # 5
Hostess
16215 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Thanks for the heads up!

Post # 7
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Yep, heard wind of this (here on the bee) starting a few weeks ago. It’s a shame, but I can understand it – I’m sure they were losing money!

Post # 8
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010 - Ocean View Villas/Jasmine Seafood Restaurant

GROSS! This sucks! And of course I’ve been slacking and haven’t done my returns yet.  Thanks for the update.  This pisses me off. 

Post # 9
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Hummm … I returned numerous things for cash back off my registry (without gift receipts), some as recently as a few weeks ago.  It may still be a store-by-store kind of thing.

Post # 10
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

this might be a really stupid question… but why do you want cash back on gifts? do a lot of people get a ton of double gifts and have nothing else on their registry to exchange for? 

Post # 11
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011 - The Tribute Golf Club

Thanks for the heads up!  I wonder how long it will be for all of the stores to start doing it.

Post # 12
Bee
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010 - Al Cielo / La Laguna

@CorgiTales: The reason we wanted the cash back option was for things that were really expensive but could be bought in multiple pieces, like dish sets. The set we liked came in place setting but each setting was $40.  Well we ended up with one so far and if don’t get more I would really like to take it back.

Post # 15
7174 posts
Busy Beekeeper

It must be regional, because I just took in a couple items last week and they gave me cash for them!

Post # 16
7174 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@CorgiTales: we did returns because there were some things we wanted more than others off our registry.  So, we took back the ‘meh’ stuff and bought the ‘really, really want’ items – (ie: took back a toaster and bought a dyson!) 🙂

The topic ‘News to anyone with a BB&B registry:’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors