Nice brand watch under $1,000?

posted 2 months ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 2
2169 posts
Buzzing bee

I love the look of Movado ones! 

Also, if you have a winners/tjxmaxx near you they sell really nice higher end watches at a slight discount. My husband loves watches and I buy a few from there.

Post # 3
14167 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I love Movado, Burberry or Tissot for mens watches.  You can easilly find those under 1k.  I usually steer away from Seiko or Citizen since most of them don’t have the sapphire crystal face that the 3 I mentioned do.  This part is important to me since it makes the face more scratch resistant.  I stopped by mineral crystal cause the face gets beat up (or maybe I’m just bad with watches), but my sapphire face watch don’t have a scratch on it even after 10+ years!

Check out watches at nordstromrack.com, neiman and bloomingdales, the have watches for sale all th time.  If you don’t mind grey market (authentic watches, but not authorized dealers), check out ashford.com.

Post # 5
176 posts
Blushing bee

Thank you for asking this I need the same info!!

anyone anything about Luxurman brand?

Post # 7
849 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Shinola is all the rage where I live right now. Their watches start around 575$. They’re the only watch company made in the USA currently. I gave my fiancé this watch a few years ago and he loves it!

http://www.shinola.com

Post # 8
2169 posts
Buzzing bee

rosabelle :  Do you live in a major city? I think it will be the last week of feb/first week of march that they host their Runway event, where they bring in extra high end merch. its usually only 1-2 stores per city though. I’ve seen some really nice watches at that time. Also leading up to xmas they will likely have more stock in, so check back often. Keep the receipt and you can always return it if you find something you lik ebetter! 

Post # 9
885 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

rosabelle : Movado is the way to go I got my husband a watch as a wedding gift I used Jet.com I found a watch that was worth 2 thousand dollars in other stores and found it on Jet.com for $1299 it was this one take a look you will save so much money on Jet.com type in movado watches you’ll see they have the best prices… https://jet.com/product/Movado-Sapphire-Silver-Mirror-Mens-Watch-0606093/bee73f10dac94fe697f7adc7e9eafd3c

https://jet.com/product/Movado-Luno-Mens-Watch-0606378/0beb49ad68924a38ab84ea26df3459cc 

and yes they are real! 

Post # 11
198 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve always been a fan of Citizen. Love their watches, and very affordable. I’ve had my white gold Citizen EcoDrive since 2010 and I’ve never had any issues with it– and I wear it literally every day.

Post # 12
2065 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I second Shinola!  Very cool stuff.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors