Post # 1
Dilemma 1: So I found a ring that literally brought me to tears. The only catch is, if I end up getting this ring as my e-ring, I may have a longer engagement, so instead of a 15 month engagement, it would be 20 month engagement.
I’m sure I could wait, and the longer engagement would result in off season pricing, so in the end I could be saving more anyway.
Dilemma 2: If all the prices were the same, which one should I get?
1.0 ct round brilliant, VS2, Idea, I, Simple Solitaire Setting Tiffany Signature Round Setting
1.0 ct round brilliant, VS2, Ideal, G w/ side baguettes .4 ct tw
1.25 ct round brilliant VVS2, Ideal, G, Simple Solitaire Setting
Post # 3
Why do you have to wait to get married if you buy this ring?
Also which one is it? Pictures please
Post # 4
I would wait an extra five months for the wedding if it meant I’d have a nicer ring on my finger for the rest of my life. Plus, as you said, you’ll save money on off-season wedding prices anyway.
Post # 5
I dont agree, I would not put a ring before your marraige.
Post # 6
If you love the ring THAT much then it’s worth the wait. Who cares about the length of engagement anyway, you’ll get married and forever will last a looong time after that 🙂 My stone is G so I’d go with one of those. Depends on the I too. All of those are pretty similiar though. Which one brought you to tears??
Post # 7
Personally, I would not put a ring before marriage. Of course, I also was so undecided about what I wanted for an ering I ended up getting married without one and got one later.
At the end of the day the decision has to be what you and your partner are comfortable with.
Post # 8
I dunno about the I colour, I’d want to see that in person. They all sound gorgeous 🙂
Post # 9
I’m with @Pink Turtle: and @RayKay:, I wouldn’t delay a marriage for a ring. Granted, after 7 years, we were so ready to be married, that he proposed without a ring, then we had a pretty short engagment anyway.
Post # 10
I don’t think waiting an extra 5 months to get married means you are putting the ring before marriage, you will still get married after all! I don’t think its a big deal at all unless you are in a hurry to get married for some reason, like if you are long distance and won’t live together until you are married. But people have extended engagements for many reasons, and men frequently wait to propose until they can afford a better ring, so I think there is nothing wrong with making that choice at all. Do whatever makes sense for you! Oh and I’d choose the 3rd ring 🙂
Post # 12
It’s only delaying the wedding for 5 months. Although I always wanted a longer engagement of at least 18 months, so 20 months doesn’t seem like a bad thing to me like it would to some girls. We knew when we wanted to get married so it was all up to Darling Husband how long the engagement would be based on when he would FINALLY. 5 months extra to me = more time to work on DIY projects, more room to negotiate since you’re booking so far in advance, plenty of time plan. So I see it as a win win situation 🙂
As for which ring to get if they were all the same price, I would go with the larger solitaire. To me, the fact that 2 out of 3 of the rings you’re deciding between are solitaires show that’s what you favor. And well I would take quality and size over brand name any day.
Post # 13
I’d add the extra 5 mths to the engagement to get the ring I really loved. Who couldn’t use another few months to plan anyway? And, as you mentioned, the off season savings are great too.
Post # 14
As someone who’s nearing the end of her 16 month engagement, I can say with certainty that this is a painful experience. I can’t imagine making it 20 months but people do it all the time.
All the rings sound similar, but I have to admit that I don’t think you’ll notice any difference between a VS2 and a VVS2 or even a 1 vs 1.25 carat stone. These are not huge, noticable measures. Now if you were going from an H to an E color, or an I3 to a VVS1, or a half carat up then yes…thats a big difference to me.
Post # 15
pictures! then i answer 🙂
Post # 16
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
I would get the ring I wanted and scale down the wedding to have it on the timeline I wanted.