(Closed) Nine months! March 20, 2010 brides!

posted 9 years ago in March 2010
Post # 3
372 posts
Helper bee

Yay!  I’m March 21st!!

Post # 4
1455 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

March 20th over here too!!!! So glad we are getting closer…  but it’s also a little scary!!!! SO much to do!

Post # 6
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

OMG.  I just read this post and realized that March 20, 2010 is LESS THAN 9 MONTHS AWAY!  More like 8 months.  Scary/exciting all at once!  πŸ™‚  Good luck with your planning, ladies!

Post # 7
372 posts
Helper bee

I’m at 250 days today!  Yay March!

Post # 8
666 posts
Busy bee

252 days from today!  I have a countdown on my home page.

Post # 9
250 posts
Helper bee

Do I dare to ask how far along everyone is in their planning?

So far, I have booked the photographer, booked the ceremony site, put two different reception venues on hold (will decide in the next couple of days which one to book), confirmed the officiant and our attendants.  Am finalizing the guest list.  Working on a wedding website (via The Knot).

I have not yet thought about Save-The-Date Cards or invitations.  No dress yet, although I’ve tried on 30+ and narrowed it down to one I like.  No cake yet, either.

Decisions, decisions.  I’m using The Knot’s checklist to keep track of everything. 

Post # 11
250 posts
Helper bee

@Marigold – wow, you are on top of things, girl! 

I need to get moving with my Save-The-Date Cards (I think this acronym is so hilarious) and hotel rooms.  I think I may pull the trigger on the dress soon, too.  I would wait another couple of months, but we will be in Hawaii for Feb-March, so I need to get it in January before we go away.

Onward with the planning!

Post # 12
666 posts
Busy bee

Well, we’ve been engaged for more than a year already, so we have a venue, a dress, photog, officiant, caterer and cake (included with caterer).  We just ordered Save-The-Date Cards over the weekend, but they might not be here for 21 days.  I was too cheap to pay for faster shipping.  We have invitation materials, but will be printing our own. 

Of course, I’m sure I will be falling ridiculously behind in the upcoming months.  Most of the work was done before I started my new job.  Also, ours is a destination wedding, so every time we go to wine country, I schedule tons of wedding stuff to do.

Post # 13
250 posts
Helper bee

@Soon2BeMrsC – fantastic – it is definitely good to be ahead of the game.

Way to go, March 2010 brides!  I am not usually obsessive about planning, but when my older sister got married, it was chaos.  I vow that I’m not going to repeat what happened with her.  She left EVERYTHING to the week before.  She’s really into DIY, and likes everything to be perfect.  It was beautiful, but we all worked like slaves to make it happen.

Post # 15
309 posts
Helper bee

Y’all, we’re almost down to 8 months. How crazy is that?

So far we have: photog, ceremony and reception venue, florist (through the venue), caterer (through the venue), potential cake company (through the venue, but also exploring other options).

In the works: we’re working on Save-The-Date Cards currently, I’m going dress shopping at the beginning of August, Fiance is researching hotels in the area (that provide shuttles – hooray) and checking into DJs. My cousin is going to design our invites so I need to talk with her about that. I’ve also emailed the pastor that married my parents 11 years ago – I’d love to have him there with us. (If not, I have a back up or two in mind!) And I need to get going with a web site so I can put the address on our Save-The-Date Cards.

Way to go ladies! I can’t wait to hear about everyone’s progress as we get closer! Oh, and anyone applying to be a bee?

(Also, I realized right after posting that this was a March 20/21, 2010 thread, but I figured I would just join in the end-of-March love. :D)

Post # 16
250 posts
Helper bee

@DCAnna – Definitely join in the end-of-March love!!  It’s cool to have the input of other bees who will be going through roughly the same planning stages at the same time.  It’s also given me a heads-up that I need to get moving with certain things.

I thought about applying to be a bee.  I am already on the internet more than I *should* be, but also sometimes go for weeks without checking this site.  It’s a guilty little pleasure.  πŸ™‚  So, no.  How about you?

The topic ‘Nine months! March 20, 2010 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors