- 5 years ago
- Wedding: September 2010
I’m a new mom with an 8 week old little boy. I discovered a few fun tricks that made my life easier and figured I’d share with the Hive. I’d love to hear from other mommies what they’ve figured out to be their Ninja Mommy Tricks 🙂
- Diaper changes:
- When they’re teeny tiny, those hands go everywhere you don’t want them. If they’re wearing a sleepsack, fold the bottom up over their arms so the elastic is around their shoulders. It will keep them contained – especially handy if you have a newly circumcised little boy who wants to do Michael Jackson impressions.
- Put the new diaper under the baby before you open up the new one. Reduces risk of wild peeing while you maneuver the new diaper into place.
- For poopy diaper changes, stick a nappy on their tummy and poke a corner over their pee-pee while you clean them up – things may still get wet if they pee, but it won’t be your face.
- Chux pads are awesome for the first few weeks. Leaks, changing mishaps, spit up, it all happens. A lot. Putting a Chux pad on top of the changing surface saves you a lot of laundry. They’re also great to take with you for in-car diaper changes or to put under your nice changing pad in gross bathrooms.
- Change the baby’s diaper on their sleeping surface if they’ve zonked while eating. One less move that might wake them up.
Hope some of these are helpful or at least entertaining, I look forward to seeing what other tricks you bees have come up with.
Keep calm and Ninja on