(Closed) No cash back from BB&B? What the…?

posted 8 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
Hostess
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’ve never had this problem with them per say but I know a lot of places don’t like to give cash back anymore.

Post # 4
1426 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

That’s strange, I had always heard that you could get cash back as well.  Is there another store near enough to you that you could try?

Post # 5
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

At the large retail store I worked at (office supplies) we only gave cash back with a receipt that proves the buyer used cash.  I know it’s probably different for BB&B, but maybe just ask to speak to a manager and explain that the items are from a registry, and you want cash.

Retailers are doing this because of the high number of “steal stuff and return for cash” scams.  Not saying at all that you did this! But that is why they are hesitant to return for cash.  I’m sure if you’re returning a lot of stuff, or even better, have the receipt, then they shouldn’t heckle you at all.

Post # 6
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I worked at BB&B. We had a really bad problem with return fruad and brides who would come in with 2-3 carts full of shower gifts. They would basically return everything that was bought from their registry just for cash. Seriously I personally had a few that added up to a $2,000. First we didn’t have that kind of money in our drawers (on Monday morning we didn’t have that kind of money at all because the bank guy didn’t come till tuesday), and second those kind of returns (several in a day) really hurts the store. We were told to offer gift card and if they made a big deal to call a manager over and they approve it for cash. You could only get cash if the item was on your registry.

I totally understand needing or wanting the cash but there is always someone who ruins it for everyone.

Post # 7
2058 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I might get slammed for this…THIS IS NOT ONLY TOWARDS THE OP BUT ANY GIFT RECEIVER – – –

IMO – I feel that if we return a gift (any gift really) to a store we should only receive a gift card or credit to that store. Why should we receive cash?  They are shower gifts that we registered for – if we changed our mind and no longer want the item 100% cool… Receive a credit and use it at a later date.  

Asking for cash back is like requesting cash only gifts but not putting that on invites b/c of etiquette.

Post # 8
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I agree with jackie-o.

Post # 9
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

we got cash back if it was on our registry or we had a receipt.

@jackie-0. some of the gifts we got were duplicates. i got for sets of the same measuring spoon that we registered for. for mistakes like that, it was nice to get cash back. if we were just returning b/c we didn’t like it, we got credit and we were very happy with that too.

Post # 10
546 posts
Busy bee

I always expect to get store credit back, unless I have the original receipt (which for most wedding gifts you will not) and it was paid for with cash.  I always thought it was strange that people expect cash back.  And I definitely don’t think BBB has to give cash out for items off of a registry.

Post # 12
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I don’t think Jackie-o was unrelated and I don’t think anyone said anything judgemental. Also I wasn’t saying you were trying to return hundreds of dollars (since you said something about cash back for under $100). I was giving you some insight on why the store you went to might have been adamant about giving store credit. Unfornately you seem to only want a yes we recieved cash or no we they gave us store credit. Sorry, it seems you have been offended.

*This comment was for a comment that has been edited. That’s why it may no longer make sense.*

Post # 14
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I don’t work at BB&B but I do work in retail and at my store it has always been the policy that you can only get cash back if you have the original receipt. Otherwise you can get store credit or do an exchange. I know that a lot of other stores have this policy too, to protect them against people stealing things and returning them for money. I don’t know how it works when a registry is involved though sorry.

Post # 16
522 posts
Busy bee

When we registered, our BB&B told us we could return gifts for cash. Haven’t returned our duplicates yet because they’re waiting in another state, but we’ll see.

The topic ‘No cash back from BB&B? What the…?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors