Post # 1
Hey, so I am just about to send off our invites and I decided to leave out any card with one of those poems about wedding wishing wells or asking for cash. We have not set up any registry anywhere cobrought be brought all our home items over the last few years. I don’t like to dictate what people should buy, or sth at they should give money, but ideally we have not even started out garden, backyard or front yard and any gifts towards that would be greatly appreciated.
Has anyone had any experience with not specifying a gift registry oseñor setting one up at all?
Post # 3
95% of people will give cash, and the other 5% will give you whatever the Hell they want!
Post # 4
We are not having a registry as we both had complete household and had to donate/toss a ton of stuff. But our situation is different as we are asking for no gifts, not even cash.
Post # 5
This such case people generally prefer to give cash. If you want then you can register for monetary gifts as well. In my wedding we had decided not to registry for gifts but the thought of receiving unwanted stuffs was disturbing me. Hence we had decided to register for honeymoon registry and sent its information to all my near and dear ones who were expected to bring gifts. Settiing up the Honeymoon registry with ourwishingwell.com really helped us alot and we had received some wonderful stuffs for the honeymoon.
Post # 6
Hi, We’re going to be in a similar boat, although we have a while to go yet. My sister used thankyouregistry.com and as a guest it was great we could choose to buy the gift where we wanted or give cash. Other family members liked it too and my sis said that most contributed cash – which was great!
Good luck with your decision!
Post # 7
I am not a big fan of gift registries. Most of our guests chose to give gifts of a check, in any case, but some gave physical gifts. Most of those we kept, but a few were duplicates of things we had and we just returned to the store for credit or exchanged.