- 4 years ago
- Wedding: September 2014
This will probably be a rant. You’re warned
FH and I are having a small wedding (30 guests) that’s what we wanted, we are paying for it outselves, that’s what we are doing. Of course some family was a little off put that they couldn’t be invited due to our small venue. But they eventually accepted.
We split the guest list directly in half. FH and I each invited 15. Since we invited our venue max, we figured if some people couldn’t come that would be fine, we would just have a small wedding
As it turns out we each had Darling Husband had 5 declines and I had 4 Declines. We finalized our count for 21 guests.
On Monday- FH’s Grandma asks if she can have a plus one. A friend of hers, who both FH and I do not know. They were not at our recent large wedding celebration/brunch/shower thrown by my family and like I said I have never met them before. Her word was that since **XYZ ** Guest was not attending the wedding (they declined the invitation) she should be able to bring a guest.
I basically told her “No, Since they deciined the invitation, we did not include them in the catering count. All vendors have been paid sorry”
I just recieved word that my one and only BM/MOH may not be able to attend. I knew this was a possability for a while now. But included her in the count as an attempt to send my positive vibes throughout the universe to inact a postive outcome (wishful/positive thinking huh?)
I know FH’s Grandma is going to ask again if she wants to bring a guest. But I am still going to say no.
1. I am not going to have a strange guest at my very intimate wedding- no do i want to pay for a stranger
2. The only seat available on the seating chart is next to me
3. I do not want to change the seating chart again- I’m planning on just setting the table for one less since it was a round table
4. She asked for a guest just 5 days before the wedding. I’m getting married this saturday … she asked me on monday.
5. She states the reason that she wants a guest is not to drive home alone. She didn’t want to spend the night at the B&B (it was an option). And she has known for months the location of the B&B. I understand not wanting to drive places alone, but she has had months to make arrangements or carpool with someone. 3 of FH’s Guests are not spending the night, all of my guests are staying the night
I probably will come off mean and a witch but oh well. No FH Grandma you cannot bring a guest, no matter what you say.
i want to note that FH Grandma is single. She knows everyone at the wedding. She wants to bring her friend from work.
FH wants me to just give in and let her bring someone, but of course the seating issues, I do not want to get into that, the seating was very difficult as Future Mother-In-Law and My Mom do not get along at all. Future Mother-In-Law is divorced from father of Groom. They didn’t want to sit together. and just other tricky seating arrangements. I do not want to delve ito that mess again.
Also I kind of want to tell FH and his family. She was MY guest. If she was going to be replaced, I would have the final say on that.
Also with all of FH’s family weighing in on the guest list, I want to just scream. YOU DIDNT PAY- YOU GET NO SAY.
<br />Am I wrong? Am I right? Am I bridezilla? Is the fact that all of this is happening now 4 days before my wedding getting to me?
~Probably yes on all accounts