(Closed) No More Planning Until 2013? Am I crazy?

posted 6 years ago in October 2013
Post # 3
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I have about what you have but getting married in August and I am not doing really anything until next year either….

Post # 4
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’d say you’re good, I don’t see anything that’s missing. I’m not doing anything until the new year either except for my dress (still haven’t picked or ordered one). Christmas is a hectic time (I’m a manager in retail) so I’m already swamped with work things. I’m slowly plugging away at things so I don’t blame you for wanting to wait! 

Post # 5
1586 posts
Bumble bee

I’m an October bride as well and I’ve done most of my homework. I figure in March (if I can contain myself) I’ll start actually getting everything done. 

Right now I have:

Officiant
Photographer
DJ
Venue
Idea of decorations
Dress 
All flowers except bridal party stuff 

I know who I probably want for our cake,  (fake)flowers, makeup, tuxes/suits and where we’re getting our invites from. But I figure I am already ahead of schedule. Right now I’m just keeping my eyes peeled for good deals on things and having fun looking at shiny things.

Post # 6
778 posts
Busy bee

I’m pretty far along, too.  Venue/caterer, photographer, and the officiant have been booked.  I’m also going dress shopping next week, and have an idea what I want for centerpieces and bridesmaid dresses.  

Oh, and I got my Save the Date cards in the mail today from Vistaprint (EEeeeeEEEeee!!)

I think you’ll be fine taking off some time until next year.  You have the major things taken care of, and perhaps taking a few weeks off will help you take a step back and see if you want to change anything before you continue forward.

Have a safe trip to Thailand!

Post # 7
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

lol we set the date for October 26th… we have our engagement shoot tomorrow! So far, I have…. well, that.

That’s it.

And I thought I was way ahead of the game here…

Post # 8
60 posts
Worker bee

I totally agree.  I think we all deserve a little break. 🙂

Post # 9
2351 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

i think ive been bombarding my coordinator with too many questions! cuz she suggested that i just relax over the holiday season and we will revisit some of my main concerns in january haha. ive come to realize that an 18 month engagement was about 8 months too long for me, although i had always envisioned myself having a long long enagement. ive already been in the early planning stage for over 8 months now and to be honest, i am totally exhausted and still havent made many critical decisions. i still have the better part of a year to go. sigh, i did this to myself.

Post # 10
1311 posts
Bumble bee

We are month twins and i have about as much done as you. Except I am not sure about the photograper yet. 

I am also taking December off…. it’s just too busy to do any planning this month. I’ll start back in January.

Post # 11
36 posts
Newbee

I am waiting until January as well, however I am nervous because we do not have an officiant yet and are planning out of state. Any advice on how to tackle this, and how difficult it is to choose an officiant from a far?

Post # 12
172 posts
Blushing bee

@bettydavis:  We booked our officiant and we haven’t even met him yet! He had very good recommendations and he was quick to answer any questions I had. He mailed us a whole package of choices for our ceremony and is allowing us to customize it whatever way we want. I orginally sent out a couple emails to some in the area and he was the one that matched with my values/beliefs and ceremony styles. A lot said they were flexible but didn’t seem overly accepting of the fact that we have a child already and have been living together over 4 years. I also made sure the officiant was comfortable with same-sex couples and an untraditional wedding party (I have a “bridesman” and Fiance is thinking of having a “groomsgirl” LOL)

Post # 13
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - The Down Town Club, Philadelphia

I totally told myself I was going to take a break and just enjoy our Xmas trip, but since we are going to Philly, and that’s where we are getting married…

Well, I’m a big liar. I scheduled a venue visit (so Fiance can check it out), and a few rehearsal dinner location visits, and maybe I’ll be shopping for a flower girl dress…

Long distance planning never ends, you guys! 

Yell

Post # 14
395 posts
Helper bee

I only have the venue… and I’m still paying for the deposit… 

I have my colors, theme…

And that’s it. 

Now I’m nervous… Lol. You guys have so much done!

The topic ‘No More Planning Until 2013? Am I crazy?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors