Post # 1
Bees, is this normal?
We invited 204 people, 141 are coming. The wedding is just less than 2 weeks away and our registry is hardly touched! 7 gifts have been purchased! I figured lots of people would give us money—-but only a few gift buyers?? Or do most people wait until 2 weeks prior to buy off the registry?
Post # 3
Dude, no one has bought us anything either and we only have 2 weeks left! 🙁
Post # 4
@JoJo Bananas: Hey date twin!!!! I’m glad to hear you’re in the same boat! I wanted some of those gifts… darn!
Post # 5
Maybe they looked at your registry to see what you wanted and were able to get a better deal somewhere else
Post # 6
I know! Me too! I hope people start shoppin’!! Especially since everything on our Macy’s registry is on sale (including our china)! Also, I haven’t had any sort of shower yet. My shower will be the Thursday before the wedding.
Post # 6
I think a lot of people will shop the week of or the day before. Dont worry!
Post # 7
Every (middle-aged) person that I know that has attended a wedding in the past couple of years ALWAYS buys the gift the day of the wedding. I don’t get it.
Post # 8
That sounds in the ballpark of what we had. We had some give cash, a lot gave giftcards, and a large chunk didn’t get us anything (including some who RSVP’d yes and didn’t show- the most annoying!)
Post # 9
1) I feel like MOST people give money for weddings. I always do gifts for shower and money for wedding.
2) when i buy a gift off of a registry I do it within a week of the event (usually shower). Pretty much everyone in my fam shops the weekend-of.
Post # 10
I’m a procrastinator myself when it comes to gift buying, sometimes the day of! For a wedding, probably no later than the day before.
Post # 11
CorgiTales, I hope you are right. I’m going to be checking our registries next Sunday night with high hopes.
Post # 12
All my shower gifts came from my registry, and most of them didn’t show up as purchased until the day of – meaning people picked them up the day before/day of. Don’t be surprised if folks do the same for your wedding. Could get some off registry gifts too.
Post # 13
If I hadn’t had a shower, I wouldn’t have gotten anything from the registries. The overwhelming majority of people bought us gifts off the registry or gave us cash for the wedding. The off-registry gifts were cool, like a hammock and a hand-blown glass vase that matched the colors of our dining room.
Hopefully you get lots of dollars!
Post # 14
We are going to a wedding next Sunday and I just bought the couple a gift last night. I felt AWFUL, their registry is mostly untouched and a lot of the things they registered for are no longer in stock!! Unfortunately, we are super tight on money, otherwise I would have bought them a couple more things.
Post # 15
I noticed several things when it came to my shower/wedding:
1. People don’t buy gifts until the last minute, so you don’t start seeing a huge dent until then.
2. Somehow people still don’t get how registries work and don’t tell the store they are buying off the registry, so the store doesn’t take the items off your list.
3. For weddings, people don’t feel like dragging gifts around…they usually just prefer envelopes filled with gift cards or cash.
4. People don’t like to buy off of registires and they just buy whatever they feel like. And then there are the extra kind people who don’t even include gift receipts for you to easily return the items you don’t need…like a $15 crockpot someone bought me, but I couldn’t figure out what store it came from after visiting 10 different places!