Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

View original reply
@likewoah:  I thought the same thing. 

Post # 48
9916 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m making my bridesmaids all stand in a trench so I am taller than they are.

Post # 50
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I don’t think that’s too crazy. 

Post # 51
9639 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

@memo:  that cracks me up.  i am 5 feet and everyone is taller than me.

Post # 52
4753 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

u mean she didn’t want THIS?

Post # 53
1845 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Lol.. I’m 5’4″, and I’m wearing flats.. Almost everyone will be taller then me on my wedding day! And everyday! Lol

Post # 55
915 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - Nazareth Hall

This is funny. Picky bride I guess haha.

I will be the shortest one up on the altar the day I get married. Even my sister who is 10 years younger then I am is taller then me. Oh well…

Post # 56
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Any chance it was for the groomsmen?

My sister is 5’10″+ and said she wants to wear flats next to me (I’m about 5’4-5″), but I told her she could wear whatever she wanted, especially since I will probably wear heels.

BUT then Fiance and I were talking, and we realized she’s already going to be close to a foot taller than the best man.  We don’t want either to feel awkward, so we’re going to do some maneuvering!  But we think it’s funny, not frustrating.

Post # 57
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Hmm. I am 5’10”. One of my bridesmaids is the same as me, and the other is about 6’3″! My Bridesmaid or Best Man who is really tall volunteered to wear flats. I said I didn’t mind at all, but she doesn’t usually wear high heels so I wasn’t expecting her to add any more inches really.

My Fiance was a groomsmen in a wedding where he was far and away the tallest person in the bridal party. It does look a little odd when they are up at the front of the church but for the bridal party photos they arranged everyone so it looked fine.

I can understanding her saying mid-heels or low heels only. She might well be joking, things are often hard to read through text. Also is the wedges/flats because of grass issues?

Post # 58
3561 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hmmm…I’m 5’9 and one of my BMs is 6’0, she has to wear flats because we can’t add length to her dress.  But maybe I should tell her to stoop down when I walk by so I look taller?  LMAO  Laughing

Post # 59
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Good thing my Fiance doesn’t want to be the tallest at our wedding because I’m 6’1″ and he’s 5’8″! My daughters and step daughter will be my bridesmaids (15, 15 & 20 years old) and one of them is also 6″ tall. He’s marrying into a reeeeally tall family lol

Post # 60
850 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
@likewoah:  Has this actually happened to anyone else?

Post # 61
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

All the short brides see where she is coming from… 🙂 I am 5’0″ so the hope of being as tall as my bridesmaids is out the window. However, I did ask my girls to choose a heel less than 4″ because there is a difference between being shorter than your bridemaids, and being dwarfed by your bridesmaids. Especially since so many shoes in style right now are 6-7″ platforms. I will be 5’4.5″ on my wedding day, so I think it’s fair to not want people to wear shoes that will make them almost a foot taller than you! 

The topic ‘"No one taller than 5'10"?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors