(Closed) "No one taller than 5'10"?

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 62
2175 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Thank goodness she doesn’t have any really tall friends.  

“Sorry, I wanted you to be a bridesmaid, but you exceed the height limit for this wedding.  Maybe try making taller friends.”

Post # 63
2175 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
@peachacid:  Only if you make them dig the trench first.

Post # 64
2267 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@memo:  It is a different situation, but I can understand where she’s coming from. It may seem trivial, but if it’s important to her and she’s not being an over controlling bride in other aspects of the bridesmaids duties/attire, I wouldn’t have given it a second thought.

Post # 65
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

How strange…the only height difference I am concerned about is that my shoes don’t make me taller than my groom. Is it just me, or isn’t that the only height difference that should matter? 😉

Post # 66
3668 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@memo:  I asked my BM’s if they minded wearing flats while I wore wedges because I am a little shorter and wanted to feel a little taller on my wedding day. They were all super happy to not have to wear heels during the ceremony/reception. I feel like that is a normal request and doesn’t make the BM’s look bad. We picked out fashionable shoes for my BM’s (something they could wear again) and I get to be a little taller. No harm no foul 

Post # 67
7199 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

@memo:  Hahaha. 

I’m 5’3″. I’m gonna make all my bridesmaids squat the whole day! 😀

Post # 68
458 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
@peachacid:  Lol, for some reason, I read the trench comment as:

Post # 69
1533 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

@memo:  Me and my bridesmaids will all be wearing flats. I did this because I am only 5’2 and my man is only 5’4… so since all of my maids are ALREADY taller than both of us. My tallest bridesmaid is 5’8″ and LOVES heels, so if I didn’t say anything she would be like a foot taller than us both! I didn’t wanna have them hovering over us in our pictures.

Post # 70
10449 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Haha! That would rule me out immediately. I’m 6’1″. My sister is 5’10” and my friend is like 5’4″. I’m not making the short friend wear heels to match us though, but she sure can if she wants!

Post # 71
10044 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Maybe she didn’t want the BMs being taller than some of the groomsmen? Kind of a silly request but not really that crazy IMO.

Post # 72
2868 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Haha! I actually find that hilarious.  I’m glad you’re not offended and can just wear flats.

Post # 73
262 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

That is kind of funny. I mean she will already stand out by being the one in the uh wedding dress, lol.

Post # 74
4799 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Eh, I’m a bit torn on this one. On one hand, I totally see how it’s ridiculous and controlling. On the other hand, my Maid/Matron of Honor (who is already several inches taller than me, and I was wearing flats) insisted on the most ridiculously high stripper heels (I’m sorry, but it’s true – they totally looked like stripper heels, that’s her style, even she would say so.) I didn’t say a word, because I know that’s her style and wanted her to feel confident about her look that day…but when I look back at the pictures, I’ll be honest, it does look a bit silly. Oh well.

Post # 76
1338 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@memo:  I’m five foot even. Even with heels, I will probably still be shorter then my BMs. I would laugh at your bride too… needs to get over herself.

The topic ‘"No one taller than 5'10"?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors