- 5 years ago
- Wedding: April 2013
Someone needs a slap. I cannot stick to my friggin budget to save my life.
Fiance and I are paying for the wedding ourselves, and although we are in a pretty good financial position right now, the amount that we (I) have gone over has floored me. I updated the “wedding spreadsheet” and I am not feeling too good right now 🙁
Our original budget was $14k, we then upped it to $21K, then $25k, now we are sitting at $28k. Truly I am thinking by the time it’s all said and done we will be at $30k for 150 people. What. Have. I. Done!
Like I said, we can afford it, it’s not hurting us in anyway but pffffft I NEVER intended to spend this kind of money!
So far this is where I can see where I have gone over-budget:
1. Florals: Had a budget of $1600 – spent $2798
2. Food: Had a Budget of $4500 – spent $7500
3. Honeymoon: Budget of $1900 – spent $2500 (6 days in Punta Cana, DR)
4. Dress: $1k (ended up buying 3) – spent $2100
5. Added an unplanned string quartet for the ceremony $525
6. Cake: Budget of $500 – spent $885
7. Candy Bar: Budget of $300 – spent $600
I can’t do this anymore. Fiance is going to have a fit when he comes over tonight to discuss the budget. he was already grinding his teeth when we initally upped it to $21k.
Has anyone gone so severely over budget? Please share your stories so I don’t feel like a complete and utter bridal failure!
ETA: The 3 dresses were due to dress regret which surprisingly I am going to wear the original dress (head meet wall). I am currently attempting to sell the others.