- 8 years ago
- Wedding: September 2013
- I never felt the need to get married, so living together five years before getting engaged was a non-issue for me!
- Dear Fiance proposed and then we went ring shopping together. He’s smart enough to know I’m tough to shop for. I chose an amethyst and rose gold ring.
- I will not be changing my name.
- We are not having a wedding party. Being a bridesmaid/groomsmen sucks, I don’t want to do that to people I care about!
- We will most likely sleep in the same bed the night before, and we’ll probably do it.
I wanted a simple no-frills wedding a then rent out our favorite restaurant for a cocktail party reception, but my Dad and stepmom very generously offered to pay for pretty much everything, so I decided that sitting back and not doing most of the wedding planning was a better deal! So far, my stepmom has been excellent and asks my opinion before doing anything, so I’m grateful that I am able to pass on the work to someone who has the time and desire to put together a wedding.
We are 31 and 34, so I think that being “older” means all these little wedding details just aren’t that big of a deal to us. At this time of my life, I’m probably more obsessed with my retirement account than table linens! All I know is, we’re going to say some nice words in front of our friends and family, we’re going to have a good meal, and I’m going to drink too much. All the rest is just details!