Post # 62
Oh yaaaayyy! Super excited about this support group! I am very non-traditional!
1. Very short blink-and-you’ll-miss-it ceremony (15mn)
2. Non-religious ceremony
3. Non-white wedding dress (yellow!)
4. Flower-less wedding
5. No bridesmaids/groomsmen
6. Table set up on the far end filled with nerf guns and light sabers to that people can solve ideological/political/philosophical/religious discussions with a duel…y’know…like civilized people…
7. No veil
8. No cake (just a dessert table)
I’m sure there’s more but I can’t think of anything right now…
Post # 63
I completely relate to this post !
- We ordered engagment and wedding rings together. The rings are iron metal – ordered it from Turtle Love Co.
- Already married, court house or “signing the document” as we call it of June 2012, will have a party or wedding this April 2013 (ohmygod, next month ! )
- Mismatched bridal party : 3 bridesmaids, 2 groomsmen.
- No garter toss, no bouquet toss, no Mother/Groom nor Father/Bride dance. No favors, no guest sign in anything
- 10-20 minute ceremony; ceremony & reception in one same room.
- I am wearing a corset with a long mermaid skirt ! ! ! So excited ! =)
- Good friends are making the beer and wine for the wedding.
- My mother and her vendors are catering the wedding with Armenian & Ukrainian foods. All going to be family style.
We really want to have a layed back, fun, and easy going wedding. i just want everyone to have a good time and not worry about the formal weddings things.
Post # 64
@levisrictusias: love it ! “blink and your’ll miss it” ha !
we are doing the same thing ! !
Post # 65
@greymonkey42: you know I have heard from so many people including my seamstress that trains only look good in pictures ;p
Post # 66
We aren’t completely off the charts, but compared to what most of my friends and family have done, we are.
-I helped pick out the ring design, and it has black diamonds in it (which was scandalous to some)
-Our venue is the public museum, which apparently is not a common place to have a wedding and means that we will be having an evening wedding after they close. We are totally doing pics with all of the dinosaur exhibits, including the T-Rex attacking a tricerotops
-The friend that introduced us is actually going to be marrying us. We will have no bridal party either, except for his nieces as flowergirls
-I have a traditional white dress, but I will getting a black floor length Victorian style coat made to go over the dress (ala Justin Alexander 8511) and no veil and a brooch bouquet.
-My best friend is our cake designer and I’m giving her free reign on the design. I won’t know about it until the day of. She’s amazing and definitely trust her, she told me she’s had a cake picked for me for years.
-No full dinner, we are doing heavy appetizers, a mashed potato bar and a candy/dessert bar
Post # 67
I got married a month ago but it was definitely far from traditional.
3rd wedding for both of us, die hard romantics with bad pickers I guess
His kids said family vows & exchanged rings with us (we have full custody and wanted them to feel included)
small wedding in a hotel as part of a surprise for my mom’s 70th birthday
best man but no other bridal party (he’d never had a best man)
no honeymoon or even a honeymoon night since we had the kids with us
Post # 68
@rosegoldie: Ohhh–I like option two! It gives you guys some alone time but still lets you party with your friends/fam. If you pull this off, I will be completely jealous 🙂 (wedding planning is just [email protected]#ing me off this week.
Post # 69
I love this thread–it gives me the warm fuzzies. I may never click on another thread again. haha.
Post # 70
@karineh: I’ve been to several weddings and most of the trains look fine to me. I just don’t like the thought of having a train.
Post # 71
@just_me: I want to wish your husband good luck with his treatment