(Closed) Not circumcising – how did your family & friends react?

posted 9 years ago in Babies
Post # 107
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

First of all, in my experience in Canada I know MAYBE one or two guys who aren’t circumcised. I definitely think it is still the norm here. Or at least where I have lived. I know two men who in their late teens and early twenties have opted for circumcision BECAUSE almost all the men around them are circumsized. From what I know the recovery was rough but they were both very happy.

Definitely personal preference, but Fiance and I will circumsize if we ever have a boy. Like @MandaMack, I have had a shudder worthy experience, but mine was due to poor hygiene and Fiance has a friend who has experienced absolute torment over it and even at 30 is not comfortable with it. To each their own!

Post # 108
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@abbyful

Not to rehash too much, but since you brought it up in your own thread… I was involved in that conservative thread, and I think you are really misrepresenting what happened.  I don’t think any bees came on there and said “conservatives are racist.”  There was a racial-type debate over comparing Obama v. comparing Bush t o an ape that I don’t think had anything to do with being conservative or liberal.

Post # 110
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I don’t want to discuss it.  You brought it up in this thread, and said that liberals went on to the conservative thread “and basically said conservatives are racist and have no morals,” and as a participant in that thread, I just wanted to point out that isn’t what happened for the other people reading this thread. 

Post # 112
2236 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@abbyful: Wow, you can’t stand it when people don’t agree with you, can you? She pointed out that YOU brought it up to begin with, had you not she probably wouldnt have said anything.

Post # 114
2236 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@abbyful: Then maybe you shouldn’t have brought up the other thread to begin with.

Post # 115
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@MandaMack: High five!

The topic ‘Not circumcising – how did your family & friends react?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors