(Closed) Not Excited About Dresses – Dress Anxiety & Body Image

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
Hostess
23620 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@CrystalBlackheart: Oh no!  I wish I could say that I’ve been through what you’ve had, but I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to you, and all of my best wishes through the whole process.  Hopefully being able to exercise again will be the path you need to starting to feel better again!

Post # 4
2947 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

::hugs::

I have more issues with things that can’t be physically changed, like my height. But I know where you’re coming from. Maybe once you’re back on your feet and working out again, you’ll regain that confidence back in time for your wedding and beyond. Regardless of what weight you will be, you will be beautiful and glowing in your gown.

Post # 5
2100 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I feel for you and you have every right to be frustrated.  I was badly rear-ended in 2008 by a teenager that drove 40MPH into stopped traffic.  I was bed ridden for months and gained 30lbs so no where near what you have had to deal with.  I have shed about 20lbs but it has been a horrid battle since most of it was due to prednisone and the exercise is slow going and easy to get setbacks.  I cannot imagine what you have been through physically and emotionally!!!

The good news is that you will be the most beautiful bride in the world to your fiance who is probably just so thankful to have you alive and in his arms.  So just concentrate on being healthy and one thing about wedding dresses – they look absolutely amazing on all sorts of body types.  You will find a dress that looks great on the you that you are today and you will marry the man that lovs you!

Post # 6
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@CrystalBlackheart: This same thing happened to me. I was probably 150lbs and had to go on some meds, and gained 50lbs. It totally sucked. I had a really hard time, but eventually just tried on a bunch of ugly stuff that was horrible to make myself laugh and get in a good mood, then I tried on more serious options. It helped to see myself actually looking ridiculous, not my crazy twisted brain thinking that I did. It gave me good perspective

Post # 8
1869 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I know exactly how you feel.  I have been so terrified of trying on dresses because I feel fat in just every day clothes, so how am I supposed to feel beautiful in a wedding dress? 

I hope that your muslim mock-up makes you feel better about yourself, and I bet once you start exercising you’ll feel better just knowing you are trying.

And like @unixfairy: said you will be the most beautiful bride to your Fiance, and you’re getting married!!  That’s the exciting part!

The topic ‘Not Excited About Dresses – Dress Anxiety & Body Image’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors