(Closed) Not getting married until 2012…but want to start planning now!!

posted 10 years ago in Logistics
Post # 17
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Start planning to your hearts content! Fiance and I have been engaged for 11 months and have 5 more to go. We started planning about a month after we got engaged. We also live three hours from our hometown (where we are having the wedding) so it was smart to get going early. We got a lot done quickly, I have been a little relaxed lately on doing things but I will be picking up again here shortly.

I think starting early has reduced the wedding planning stress I have heard people talk about. We had everything booked with in a couple months of being engaged and now we are just making payments on everything and working on DIY projects and decor.

Good Luck! Happy Planning to you and your FI!

Post # 18
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

kitzy I completely agree! I had several idea changes. I knew what I wanted but I would see things change my mind and they go back to my original idea. I also agree with the things you should work on first. Those are the things we got done first and it is nice to have it out of the way.

Post # 19
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I can also commiserate!! We booked our venue and since then I have really quieted down on the wedding stuff, which I am trying to do because it makes waiting easier if I don’t think about it as much. I am also worried about changing my mind a lot since we have over 1.5 years to go, but our venue will really set the tone for the rest of the wedding.

And my Fiance is also the kind of guy to whom you can only give a few options! He cares about the planning, but not enough to look through 20 pictures of different types of centerpieces Smile 

Post # 20
1235 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Take advantage of that year and a half. We had that long as I waited until now to deal with alot of this stuff. 8 months to go and all we have are photographers and a venue. Enjoy the planning process! Get the venue, photographer, caterer, DJ nowish. Start thinking about your guest list. Plan what you want it to look like but don’t buy anything because TRUST ME your plans WILL CHANGE as you go along. I didn’t think they would and I am so happy I didn’t buy anything because they are pretty different now.

Post # 21
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hi!  I’m also not planning on getting married until 2012 (early like March or April) but have started to look for venues and some vendors.  I found that some are willing to lock you in for their 2011 rates which is good considering prices go up every year especially for really good photographers. 

I have also purchased my dress(es) which is NOT a good thing because I’m probably going to change my mind!  eeks!  But what can you do? 

Have fun planning!

Post # 22
7298 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hey month twin! I see the long time as a blessing! You can save more and take your time about decsions. We already have a venue booked because they were booked through May of 2012. I’m watching DIY videos and looking at little details.

Post # 23
196 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@LeahKS: Fiance is more interested in chewing off his hand than he is wedding planning. He doesn’t really care about anything, and hasn’t really offered to help. When I do ask him he looks at me funny, browses through a picture or two and then goes off to watch tv. Fiance is not a very emotional person, and if it doesn’t involve beer, trucks, or science, he’s not interested.

I end up frustrated more than anything when I try to ask him, so I just don’t. I have his mom to help me anyway, so it’s not so bad.

The topic ‘Not getting married until 2012…but want to start planning now!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors