(Closed) Not having a wedding party—make the B & G look bad?

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: Do you think it makes us look bad to not have attendants up there with us?
    Yes : (1 votes)
    2 %
    No : (56 votes)
    98 %
    Other (explain below) : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    6597 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

Not at all – that is ridiculous!!!!

I have been to a wedding without a wedding party and it was soooo beautiful and it almost seemed like it was even more about the couple and more intimate because there was no one up there distracting me from looking at the couple.

Post # 5
    269 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

Your wedding, your rules. Simple as that. They’re not getting married, spending their money planning your day. Plus, no drama worrying about picking out the dresses and making sure everything’s matchy-matchy. It’s your day! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
    814 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

i agree with you, i wish i didn’t have one most days.. i think it’s a great idea cause no one gives a toot about your bridal party anyway.. right?

Post # 7
    624 posts
    Busy bee

We did not have a wedding party and we don’t regret it at all. 

Post # 8
    814 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

and even in catholic weddings, the bridal party doesn’t sit up front with you, they sit in the front row, but the don’t stand next to you through the whole ceremony! let’s be real here.. obviously i’m on your side! lol

Post # 9
    343 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

We’re not having attendants for a variety of reasons, and I am confident nobody will think badly of us.  Hmmm well actually now that I *think* about it, FI’s mother disapproves and thinks we should have a wedding party.  But she’s crazy, and I don’t care what crazy/negative people think anyway!  ๐Ÿ˜€

Having a wedding party can be fun, but it’s also really beautiful not to do it.

Post # 11
    81 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

Uh, I hope not, because we aren’t having a wedding party either! I can’t believe someone actually said that to you.

Post # 12
    347 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2018

It doesn’t make you look bad and it will thrill your photographer to pieces ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
    7173 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

We aren’t doing a wedding party either.  When I tell people – they are somewhat surprised – but I’ve never felt like it’s a bad reflection on either of us.

Post # 15
    186 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

Ugh, it’s annoying people assume things. Just keep it light and mostly just don’t care! Smile and let criticism and questions and whatever else they throw at you slide off you! (:

Post # 16
    3316 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

At each of my weddings, we have had two attendants.  The first one, 30+ years ago, it was a maid of honor (my sister) and a best man (friend of the groom).  The second one, last October, it was a maid of honor (my daughter) and a dude of honor (my son).  Even that big a wedding party is not necessary, but it was convenient so we’d have people around to do things like hold the rings, or hold the bouquets when we had to do something that required putting them down.  Go with what you want, and forget the silly people who think everyone has to do things the exact same way.

The topic ‘Not having a wedding party—make the B & G look bad?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors