(Closed) Not having a wedding party—make the B & G look bad?

posted 10 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: Do you think it makes us look bad to not have attendants up there with us?
    Yes : (1 votes)
    2 %
    No : (56 votes)
    98 %
    Other (explain below) : (0 votes)
  • Post # 17
    347 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

There is definitely nothing wrong with this, and I think it’s actually kind of romantic. We decided to have a bridal party, but to only include siblings, so we have two people on each side. It makes it so much nicer and less stressful not to have to worry about coordinating all of our friends. If you want to incorporate friends/family somehow, have them hand out programs or do a reading.

Post # 18
    26 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I don’t think it looks bad. We weren’t going to have a wedding party as we had just moved back to hub2be’s hometown, and i have no one close around here, and fam/friends unable to travel, we have ended up with 2 ea but it feels wierd since we started out with none. plus my bridesmaid is my Future Sister-In-Law, not that i mind her being in the party but Fiance asked her and then told me, so there was no way i could say no without causing some family drama!

Post # 19
    1765 posts
    Buzzing bee

As far as I know, all you need are two “witnesses” to sign your wedding license.  We ONLY chose a Maid/Matron of Honor and Best Man, and then ushers to seat people.  It makes life much easier.  And we didn’t have to worry about costs, bridesmaidzillas, and other wedding party members who we might not want to stay in touch with years later – in our wedding photos.  Win-win-win!!!  Not unhappy with our decision!!!  🙂

The topic ‘Not having a wedding party—make the B & G look bad?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors