(Closed) Not much movment in april 2013 brides section, any updates?

posted 6 years ago in April 2013
Post # 3
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@traveller:  I’ve picked the dress, my pearl bouquet is in progress (hitting up Michael’s tomorrow for some more wire), we’ve booked our honeymoon cruise, and have finalized the theme and colors.  We’re getting married on a cruise ship, and 10 guests have booked their cruise so far.  And just this week, my sister told me that she’d make my ring pillow and veil – yay!

Anyone else?

Post # 4
528 posts
Busy bee

@traveller:  I agree! There isn’t much movement! I check daily!

We are getting ready to send out our Save the Dates and we will probably register within the next month or so. The men still need to pick out their tuxes and such. We need to figure out our menu and such…tons to do still!! I am having the most fun buying all of the small things for the reception…etsy is amazing and I am obsessed!!

Post # 6
396 posts
Helper bee

@traveller:  It’s a short three-day weekend cruise to the Bahamas stopping in Nassau.  I really, REALLY wanted to take a longer cruise, but the weekend cruise lets more of our family and friends attend.  So that’s good.

@traveller:  Where’s your DW?  How long are you staying there and are you taking a separate honeymoon?  We sent out our save-the-dates in April and sent the invites a month ago.  It was uber early, but we want to make sure people put a deposit down before the cruise books up or prices increase.

@katie395:  Ahhh, Etsy.  That site will be the death of my bank account. Lol!

Post # 8
396 posts
Helper bee

@traveller:  Ugh…I’m stressing too.  We actually made our RSVP date October 15, so that people would book sooner rather than later (fingers crossed).

Thailand sounds amazing!  How many days will you be there?

Our wedding is on Carnival out of Miami.  We’ve been on 7 or 8 cruises so far but never on Carnival.  But in terms of what they offered for their weddings, it was the best option for us and our guests.  I just hope we like them!

Post # 9
1021 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Oh man, we still have so much left to do!

We’ve printed our save the dates and will be sending them out this month. I’m JUST NOW starting to look at dresses. We still have to meet with our florist, find bridesmaid/groomsmen clothing, and book our honeymoon. 

Can’t believe we’re only 7 months out!

Post # 10
396 posts
Helper bee

@MrsBot:  I know!  I don’t know where all that time went!

Post # 11
246 posts
Helper bee

we have been finishing our honeymoon plans. We booked our flights to paris, then to dubai, then to finally to mauritius, and then back. That seems to be the most exciting part. ๐Ÿ™‚   Going bm dress shopping tomorrow, finally found a date, where all six bm could attend.  What’s left to do … book dj, meet with invitation maker again, plan church music % readings. and work to save more money.

Post # 13
22 posts
Newbee

Our wedding is April 27 so far we have all major vendors booked (reception, florist, caterer,photographer, dj) I ordered my dress 2 weeks ago and honeymoon is booked. Our wedding is out of town so we did send our invites earlier this month to give people time to book their rooms. I feel like im in stall mode now…not sure what to do next..lol Its strange not having a million to-dos. I think I will start my DIY projects soon…

Post # 15
73 posts
Worker bee

Hi! I’m an April 27ty bride!

We have booked

– ceremony location

– celebrant

– reception venue

– photographer

– DJ/ MC

– My wedding dress + veil (hooray!)

– Rings are currently being made

– Florist is booked!

– save the dates have gone out!

– cars are booked (convertible rolls Royce x2)

Still have decorations, invites, cake, stationary, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, suits for the groomsmen…

Yikes!

Post # 16
2965 posts
Sugar bee

I was originally planning an April 2013 wedding and I dk what made me change my mind and try for a Nov. 2012 wedding. Anyways, it ended up not working out for our family and bridal party members to have it then so now I’m back and working (again) on an April 2013 wedding!!! I am excited and now everyone else is on board with this thing when they originally weren’t. I’m having a bit of trouble coming up with inspiration with my color scheme. It’s coral, lime green and ivory. The girls dresses are coral. We already have everyone’s attire picked out. I know how I want to decorate the ceremony (coral and lime green ribbons tied in the trees and coral and lime green parasols lining the aisle) but I am completely stumped about how to decorate the reception. We are having an outdoor ceremony in my parent’s backyard by the lake but we do not have a reception venue picked out yet. I’m kind of waiting around, going to bridal shows to see what deals I can get. I know I really want to bring out the spring theme and I want it modern, simple yet elegant.

The topic ‘Not much movment in april 2013 brides section, any updates?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors