(Closed) Not much movment in april 2013 brides section, any updates?

posted 8 years ago in April 2013
Post # 17
467 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’m doing a bunch of DIY things at the moment: favors and just finishing up the bridesmaids’ paper bouquets. Just put in an order for my dress and planning to start the playlist dos and don’ts soon and the honeymoon within the next couple of months.

We booked all of our vendors SO early and now my big concern is that my photographer hasn’t updated his blog since June…and I emailed him last week to check in and make sure everything was still on for our wedding and no response. Vendors in NY book up FAST so I’m pretty concerned. I’ll nudge him with a follow-up email this week but if he doesn’t respond, no idea what to do. He also has our deposit obviously.

View original reply
@TwinABee:  Oh yay! Another Friday bride! Sometimes I feel so alone with that. 🙂 (Though I know you’re doing a cruise and that makes more sense for a Friday).

Post # 18
396 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@RexManningDay:  Well, when we were planning a land-based wedding, we were looking at Fridays and Sundays because it would have saved us hundreds on rental fees.

View original reply
@Miss Beacon:  That honeymoon sounds awesome!  How’d the bm dress shopping go?

View original reply
@lindseyl06:  You’re color scheme sounds so springy!  I love coral!  That was my runner up color scheme (with navy blue).  But I decided to go with teal and ivory with pops of sunflower yellow and fuschia.  The future hubby’s favorite color is teal, so I wanted to incorporate it somehow. 

Post # 20
8434 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
@RexManningDay:  Yay!  I finally found a date twin!  Good luck with your photographer, I hope he responds to you quickly….it is wedding season though.

I bought my dress and picked a cake.  We did an engagement shoot and we’re having a save-the-date party in about a month and a half–we’re not sending out cards, just having the party and then sending out invites.  Other than that it’s been DIY mania at my house.  I’ve re-made my bridal necklace about 50 times, so I’ve pretty much just been treading water lol.  Here’s a sneak peek (courtesy of Elle Imaging)!

Post # 21
467 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@housebee:  Hooray, date twin!

Love the idea of a save-the-date party!! How fun!

Post # 22
8434 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

View original reply
@RexManningDay:  lol we’re lazy and since we DIYed the invites, making Save-the-Dates would have been more work for us.  A party is less work + food + drinks=winning.

Post # 23
2 posts
Wannabee

@TwinABee:  Hi!  We have the same date!

@housebee:  Hi!  I’m in Charlotte too!

So far I have my dress, venues, florist & cake.  I’m working on my invitations, reply cards, programs & menus.  I plan on designing them, buying the paper & having them printed at Office Depot.  I figured this will save me on the cost of ink.  

Post # 24
528 posts
Busy bee

Ladies, this was an exciting weekend for me! I found my dress! I am simply in love with it. I did post it on the dress boards and I know some of my date twins saw it but I will post again because why the hell not??? 🙂

model pic

and now me!

We also sent out our Save the Dates and have been getting feedback from lots of guests!

I don’t know about you all but it is really starting to feel SUPER real now.

Post # 25
868 posts
Busy bee

Omg, I’m starting to stress out…. I was an August 2013 bride until a week ago, and now I’m an April 2013 bride! This is because the venue we wanted for our ceremony/reception was much less expensive in April. But now I’m freaking out!! Before I had 11 months and now I only have 7! I was ahead of the game and now I feel like I’m way behind. Freaking out!! ahhh

Post # 26
528 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@sommertime:  You can do it!!! Yay for being an April bride!!

Post # 27
270 posts
Helper bee

Do I not have a date twin? So far, booked venue (ceremony, reception, catering, etc), booked photographer, videographer and found and ordered my dress. I have a theme and a color pallet but have done nothing with it thus far. Save the Dates went out last week (yay!!)!

On my “To Do ASAP!!!” List:

Find DJ, Figure out my florist sitation (LONG story), Twist fiances arm into figuring out honeymoon.

So… I’m sort of freaking out at this point…

Post # 28
873 posts
Busy bee

O ladies, I feel like I’ve made a bit more progress in the last couple of weeks, so now we have:

• venue/caterer
  • invitations bought
  • STDs sent last week
  • dress chosen, in the process of getting custom made
  • almost done with at least one DIY project
  • bridesmaids dresses chosen and getting ordered this week
  • hairdresser/makeup booked
  • photographer booked
  • centerpieces chosen and have most elements already

Next major to-do is DJ.

The topic ‘Not much movment in april 2013 brides section, any updates?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors