Post # 1
So, right before we got engaged (on Christmas) I decided that I wanted to apply for a school out of state. I am currently taking the long route to my bachelors degree, while Fiance has been done with school for a while now. Anyway, I haven’t heard back from the school yet (though I am in constant contact with them) about whether or not I have been accepted to into my program. With moving and everything up in the air we haven’t been able to make any offical plans for the wedding. Waiting these past three months has been terrible! I’m afraid if we don’t find out soon, the date and venue we want will be booked =(
I am so ready to get this wedding on the road!
Post # 3
@mrs. shiny metal: Even though you really want to get going on the wedding. . .what if you push the wedding date ahead some? Then you’ll have a longer period to plan, and you’ll have the moving over with (hopefully) and you will know if you have been accepted to the school you want to go to. I think there’s no harm in having a longer engagement if it means a less stressful wedding-planning process, and less stressed life in general!
Weird that the school hasn’t notified you about the status of your application yet, especially if you’re in frequent contact with them! But probably if they are willing to spend a lot of time being in touch with you, they want you, but the application hasn’t gone through all the many steps it needs too. . .
Post # 4
Update… I got in!!! So we will me moving in August and shooting for a spring break wedding so we can be home with enough time. So very happy =)