Post # 31
Ok this is what I think
1) I love the ring, it is classic clays and elegant With the specs of the stone you may go bigger but it may not be as high quality with out upping the budget A bunch. Personally I LOVE it
2) go to the jeweler let them know your issues and see what they Say. Can they help you by the end of the week? Only they know (If they do work in house they may)
3) wait till the day after you propose (to give her time to calm down lol) and tell her the issues you have if they weren’t fixed. Tell her You want her to be 100% happy with the ring and that you aren’t. Many girls won’t say anything worrying that they may upset you. Who knows she may be so sentimental that she won’t change it no matter what. Or she may say she wants to keep the setting as is but would like to go up to a .8 or 1 or maybe change the setting so it’s more even.
But you are right not to let on. It will be an amazing suppRise and a once in a life time chance!
Post # 32
I really like it! It’s a very pretty ring.
Post # 33
Its gorgeous! ..any woman would be happy to wear such a beautiful ring! ..your just nervous, it will be fine..no ring is absolutely perfect there are always small imperfections so don’t sweat it!
Post # 34
well I think shes fairly understated yeah. Dosent tend to wear much jewellery really. I think she would love whatever I got her. I think I needed some sort of wow factor for myself but the reality is I can’t afford the big stone I have in my head. I feel now this is a nice stone for the budget I had.
Post # 35
thank you. I think I should tell the store about the pave part. It looks like it’s cut deeper on one side for the stones to sit in. Possibly they could alter ring when I get back.
Post # 38
- Wedding: October 2014 - Our Backyard/Steakhouse
my first thought when I saw it was…how classic, but unique. I think it’s stunningly beautiful and you done good man!
Congratulations :), you’re about to make a woman a very happy wife. You sound like a good guy 🙂
Post # 39
thanks alot for that. Don’t think the wife bit has quite set in yet. Scary and exciting!
Post # 40
Markpepper the ring is stunning! Mine is a .75 and this pear looks the same size. Honestly if she likes delicate jewellery, which I assume she does and that’s why you got it, she will adore this. Go ahead with the planned proposal (romantic much?!) and between now and then take it to the jeweller to see if they can do something about it after you get home. Your fiancé will understand.
Post # 41
I think the ring is just beautiful. I love pears! Do as many of the other Bees have suggested. Go ahead with the proposal as planned but then be open with her about he possibility of changing it if she would like.
Then come back and tell us all about the amazing proposal! I hope it goes amazingly well, good luck!
Post # 42
I like it! And that’s coming from a girl who normally HATES pear shaped diamonds. It’s seriously beautiful and a D vs1 is really great! WOW. It’s hard to find diamonds of that quality that don’t seriously break the bank.
Post # 43
- Wedding: October 2014 - Cape May
Personally that center stone is gorgeous and I wouldnt change it up. Don’t get too caught up in size, because you’ll always find yourself wondering if you should have gone bigger. Quality and setting play a huge role in how big or small any stone looks. As for the pave, tell the jeweler your concerns and see if it’s needs to be adjusted. I didn’t notice anything in your pictures, but a professional opinion never hurts. the work can wait till after the proposal. The most important part is you selected and picked out that ring with her in mind. You did a great job and she will be so blown away by that being the ring you chose.
Post # 45
Its a beautiful ring! Plus, thats so sweet that you actually care about the details and wanting to make sure she loves it. Congrats in advance! I’m sure she is blessed to have you in her life.