Post # 17
I went both ways. I got them the typical Coach wristlet. Then I got them all a pound of gourmet fudge from a shoppe in town. Then I got them something that was personal to them. My cousin collects precious moments so i got her a bridesmiad precious moment. My friend lives in LA and is running a half marathon so i got her a gift card to a spa for a pedicure the day after the race. things like that
Post # 18
My Fiance got all of his groomsmen RC helicopters! Haha
Post # 19
I’ve posted about my Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts like a bazillion times but what’s once more, right?
I gifted my girls with movie night baskets. They included…
- Bridesmaids DVD – We had planned to go see it together when it was in theatres but our schedules never worked out. The DVD was released like 2 weeks before our wedding so it was still fresh and none of my girls had seen the movie yet so I figured it was appropriate.
- Comfy throw blankets – I tried to get colors that would match their respected living rooms. They were seriously the softest blankets I’ve ever felt. I still regret not getting one for myself.
- Comfy PJ Pants – In colors that sort of match the throw blankets (or atleast come close).
- Gourmet Popcornopolis Popcorn – Sooooo delicious! I got them each a flavor that they would like.
- Nice bottle of wine – We went wine tasting as part of my bachelorette party so I got them each a bottle of their favorite wine from the tasting. My prego Bridesmaid or Best Man got a funky bottle of artisan water since wine wouldn’t really work for her.
- Everything packaged in a nice basket – The baskets were dark wood with burlap lining the inside. Definitely something that they’ll all be able to find a use for.
I also covered all of their hair and my MOH’s makeup but I don’t really consider that to be part of their gift.
Post # 20
My Maid/Matron of Honor is obsessed with Doctor Who…so I got her a sonic screwdriver.
Post # 21
i always love hearing about yours again!
Post # 22
Hotel slumber party the night before the wedding, morning mimosas, and a ride together to the spa for manis, pedis, and half hour massages.
Post # 23
I also did robes since we are spending the night in a hotel….I did red silk kimono sleeve robes from Vic Secret. Then I added custom tie-in labels with their names and the date so that they can take them out if they want. I also got them freshwater pearl necklaces and earrings, and pashminas wraps. Their bouquets are also keepsakes that have seperate vases so they can keep them as floral arrangments if they want. I think that’s it… though if something catches my eye I will probably get it.
Post # 24
I only have one bridesmaid, and it’s my younger sister. I really wanted to design custom Vans for her, because she is a shoe freak and loves Vans in general. However, I waited a little too long to do it, and realized that they take something like 9-12 weeks to ship. And on top of that, I started worrying that I’d get the size wrong, or pick colors or patterns that she didn’t love. So I ended up just getting her a generous gift card for Vans, and I am including a note that it could be used to design her own custom shoes (or she could just order something else from there, I guess).
I also paid for her bridesmaid dress, and am offering to pay for her hair the day of the wedding if she chooses to get it done.
I’m really glad that I only have one bridesmaid, though, because I feel like I would be stressed trying to find the perfect gift for more than one girl!
Post # 25
My plan is to buy everyone vintage-style broaches they they can wear either on their dresses or in their hair.
I also want to get those cool floral kimono type robes. Anyone know where I can get them?
If my budget allows- I’ll also get everyone those nice Haviana flips with the jewewls on the toe.
Only problem is this: I have a gay best friend in my party and my Future Sister-In-Law standing up on the Grooms’ side with all his brothers. We were just going get ties for all the guys- is that OK to do for my GBF? What should I get for my FSIL? I ‘m not sure if she’ll be getting ready with us or not.
Post # 26
My sister is planning to wear the same outfit as the groomsmen and I knew she wouldn’t want the things I’m getting the bridesmaids, so I’m doing something different for her. We’ll buy her tie like we did the other GMs but I’m getting her a different gift from either the GMs or BMs. I’d ask your Fiance whether he thinks his sister would like that gift and find out if she plans to get ready with the girls or not.
Post # 27
I have a guy friend in my wedding, although he’s standing on my side and as I’m getting my girls necklaces and my Fiance will probably be getting his guys pocket watchs, he’ll probably wind up getting a pocket watch as well because he’ll like it. However I’m also getting everybody in my bridal party a more personalized gift ( a book because we’re all big readers) so I think a tie would be great for your friend, especially if he’s supposed to wear it i the wedding but if you’re getting the girls robes and flip flops you might want to get him something more persoal as well. You could get him a robe as well maybe?
Post # 28
What do you guys think of these ideas?I have 7 bridesmaids, so I’d like to just choose a few of these. FYI, they will each be paying for on-site hair and makeup in my bridal suite the day of the wedding.
1. Comfy robes: to wear to their half/makeup appointments in the hotel. No wedding labels on them so they can be used in the future. I may consider monograms.
2. Coach wristlets in champagne gold color for them to use on wedding daynn
3. Mani / pedi appointments for all of us at the hotel / resort spa prior to the rehearsal dinner
4. Personal note for each of them
5. A miniature bottle of patron tequila for use at any point if the weekend
6. Matching earrings to wear on wedding day.
What do you all think?
Post # 29
Anyone? I’d really appreciate some feedback
Post # 30
Personally, I would appreciate a gift of: anything needed for the day (such as the earrings, or if you want them to have the matching wristlets).
Next: things they are more likely to keep. ie – If I never wear earrings or girly jewelery, I would really prefer to have that gifted.
Robes – if you think everyone would wear them
Patron – if you think everyone would appreciate it!
me: earrings, note, patron (gag! but I would be down with the idea and still peer pressured into drinking it, haha) maybe also a robe.
100% do the personal note, so important!! Especially because otherwise you may never get a chance or think to thank them, etc.
Post # 31
I feel like “day of” jewelry gifts are more for me and my wedding vision than for the girls, so I’ll give them their necklaces earlier. For their actual bm gifts, I’m getting everyone pretty, igloo cooler totes (each different) that they can use for the beach. Each girl’s bag will have different things. One will have ll bean flip flops and a nice tea gift/mug. One will have a sparly scarf, lip gloss and manicure GC, etc.