(Closed) Nov 2011 brides, are you on track?

posted 7 years ago in November 2011
Post # 3
566 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Invitations and wedding blocks are this month’s beasts to battle. What’s left to tackle are the florist, cake designs, lighting and finalizing the catering. I’m sure I left something out. I feel both on track and overwhelmed when I start to think about things. 

Post # 4
436 posts
Helper bee

save the dates is what i had been working on this month and finding a florist so i can give the prices to my dad

Post # 6
566 posts
Busy bee

@SweetRose2011: I’m super indecisive so having to commit to a particular paper color and an ink color is driving me bonkers. Grrr…I’m glad I’m working on it now so at least I don’t have a time pressure as well.

Post # 7
678 posts
Busy bee

What is on track?!?  I ask myself that EVERYDAY!!  To be honest, I’ve started everything…gotten most things booked (church, venue, my dress, most recently photographer) and I am now tackling DIY invites, DIY centerpieces, DJ, and cake. 

OMG, engagement pics and STD’s….hmmm, I wonder how that’s going to work out!!  I hope to at least get the engagement pics done in the next month or so…I’m DIY’ing those, too!  We aren’t sending the STD’s out until late April or May…originally thought Feb, but I wanted to slim down some before we took pics!!

Post # 8
2702 posts
Sugar bee

Not sure if I am! We have our ceremony location, reception venue, DJ, photographer, hotel rooms blocked.

Today I am going dress shopping.

You all have so much done! I feel so behind!

Post # 9
143 posts
Blushing bee

I’m 11-19-11 and I have A LOT done! But I am also the type to do things right away because I’d rather get everything done now and have a few months to relax and enjoy! I’m also a student for 5 more weeks before graduation in end of April, so I have a lot of time during my days that I can work on wedding stuff (between classes, etc.) that I won’t have after graduation and once I start working a 9-5 job. So I’m trying to make the most of being able to call different places during business hours!

I have done:

Dress purchased and in my possession! 🙂

Venue booked (ceremony & reception)

Florist booked & sample being made

Caterer booked

Photographer booked

Stationary person picked, save the date sent out 2 weeks ago

Bridesmaid dresses picked

Groomsmen tuxes picked

Groom’s tuxed picked

Flower girl dress ideas but haven’t picked yet

Favors decided on and just need to be ordered (can’t be for a while- food)

Bridal Shower date set

Bachelorette date set

Bakery picked and cake designed

All of my wedding day accessories (shoes, veil, tiara) picked

Hairstyle & makeup picked (hair stylist found)

Honeymoon picked and booked

DJ booked

Officiant booked and ceremony script written

Bridal party gifts picked, not yet purchased

Registry complete (2)

Rehearsal dinner in the process of being planned

Harpist for ceremony booked

Next I am going to work on booking the wedding night hotel, scheduling my dress fittings, and choosing the shoes for the bridesmaids. After that I’ll work on designing the invitations with the stationary lady and looking more into hairstyles and makeup ideas!

Post # 10
18 posts
Newbee

i am super behind…no dress for me yet!! i havent fallen in love with one!! but i have cake ordered,venue,officiant,dj,flowergirls dress,quite a bit of decor,booked the photobooth,the candy buffet jars are purchased im currently diy-ing the bouquets and bouts and working on my centerpieces,stds ordered but not sent out until April…im so behind

Post # 11
143 posts
Blushing bee

@prettypoison1978: You aren’t behind! Remember, we still have over 7 months! And I’m just super ahead because I’m trying to get a ton done before I graduate since I have a lot of time during the day when I’m not in class, and soon I will start a FT 9-5 job. I really don’t think you’re behind. Some people plan their wedding in a few months and it turns out perfect! As far as the dress, mine was the third one I tried on the first time I went dress shopping, but everyone is differnet and you will find THE dress! What are your colors/flowers? 

Post # 12
150 posts
Blushing bee

next up for me is invitations.  of course, i need to figure out lots of details so i know what to put on the invitations! 🙂

Post # 13
653 posts
Busy bee

@qwerty1: Me too… I need to contact our Pastor and ask him if 10 or 10:30 is better for our Ceremony

Post # 14
18 posts
Newbee

my colors are black,white and red…holllywood glamourous vibe..red roses..so i haenty found a dress with the vintage vibe i want…

Post # 16
653 posts
Busy bee

Why do I feel so behind when I’ve done so much already?! I went into complete panic mode yesterday.. I realized in all reality I have the next 3 months to plan my wedding before I go back to my hometown (5 hours away) to work at a summer camp (end of june to beginning of august), my shower is august 13th, back to my hometown for my sister shower and my birthday (shower sept 10th – birthday sept 12), back here to get my invites out, back to my hometown for my cousins wedding (Oct 9th), back here for fitting, back to my hometown for my sister wedding (oct 21) and then back here for our wedding! (nov 12th) boy oh boy am I look forward to our honeymoon!

If anyone read that whole thing… I’M A NERVOUS WRECK! lol

The topic ‘Nov 2011 brides, are you on track?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors