(Closed) Nov. 2012 Bees – Show us your Save the Dates!!

posted 6 years ago in November 2012
Post # 3
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I sent mine back in January- yikes! We’re having a destination wedding so we wanted to make sure we gave people plenty of time to make travel arrangements. I def love them though!

Show us your STD? Below!

Where did you get it from? Minted.com

Why did you decided to get it? We’re having a woodsy vermont wedding and I just loved how the deer played into that.

Did you make and design it yourself? Not exactly. I customized some of it through Minted but it is another designers art cred. 

Did you give them out already? Sent them out in January πŸ™‚

front:

back:

Post # 4
268 posts
Helper bee

I didn’t do STD I went straight for the invites for our DW!

Where did you get it from? Designed and made by ME!

Why did you decided to get it? DW on Koh Samui, Thailand and we are having a buddhist blessing ceremony in the morning followed by an aftenoon beach ceremony. I also have quite a few statues of buddha around the house!

Did you make and design it yourself? Yep – there were a few prototypes, but I was happy with the end result! 

Did you give them out already? Invitations went out in Feb!

Post # 6
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

We havent started on our Save-The-Date Cards yet. They will be sent out by the end of this month. We are taking our e-pics sometime this month. My photographer hasnt called me back about a good date to do it but she said she is available to do it this month and she can do our Save-The-Date Cards for us! (Yay!!!) However, if shes charging extra for this then we can get our Save-The-Date Cards done at 123print.com and get 50 Save-The-Date Cards for 13.95 (yes, seriously!) To give you a little insight, Fiance and I just decided to have the wedding this year, we were (had been) planning for a April 2013 wedding but I just decided the last wk of April last month that I wanted to have it in Nov. So thats y we’re a bit behind.

Post # 8
592 posts
Busy bee

Here’s ours….

I whited out our last names–the real ones are symmetrical.  πŸ™‚

Post # 9
1642 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

blurred out our last name, but here’s ours:

Post # 10
1811 posts
Buzzing bee

Show us your STD? Below!

Where did you get it from? Printed through a vendor that Fiance frequently works with.

Why did you decided to get it? We were attached to “the knot” idea because we are using a lot of celtic knots (FI is very Irish) and are doing a handfasting ceremony that is where the phrase “tying the knot” comes from.  We also just wanted something simple but cute and crafty to spread the word πŸ˜€

Did you make and design it yourself? I saw the basic idea for the card actually tying a knot when it is opened on pinterest, but the Fiance and I made this design and I assembled them myself.

Did you give them out already? We sent them out a few months ago because we have a long Out of Town guest list who will have to plan in advance in order to make it.

Post # 11
7 posts
Newbee

Show us your STD? Below

Where did you get it from? Printed at home

Why did you decided to get it? Why not!? lol No real reason other than wanted to give enough time for people to realize our wedding is Thanksgiving weekend.

Did you make and design it yourself? Yes, a friend took the photo while we were on a wine tour and I saw a similar design on another website and just did one myself.

Did you give them out already? Yes we sent these to our close family and friends at Christmas time and i had other black and white cards made and we just sent them out 2 weeks ago for people who didn’t get the Christmas card.

Post # 12
2692 posts
Sugar bee

Show us your STD? 

Where did you get it from? True DIY.  I used an old high school photo pf us (13+ years ago).  Printed on photo paper, then glued to cardstock (wrote out the info too with freehand and then our website info on the back).  Each card stock on the back is a different color: yellow, blue, orange, etc.)

Why did you decide to get it? I wanted something simple and cheap too.  So DIY was the way to go.  I had another totally different idea for the STD but I just LOVE this!

Did you make and design it yourself? Yes!

Did you give them out already?  Yes.

Post # 14
119 posts
Blushing bee

Show us your STD? Below!

Where did you get it from? From these lovely people, with some significant edits by myself.

Why did you decided to get it? We are getting married outdoors in a grove of trees and we knew we wanted our invitations/STDs/etc. to have a nod to the changing leaves and trees.

Did you make and design it yourself? I did some heavy editing of the vectors and then am also using this theme for our invitations. We’re in the middle of printing all of the invitation components right now since the reply cards/envelopes will be individualized for each person(s) and I’m printing everything myself. Gotta give the gal some time.

Did you give them out already? Yep, they were sent at the end of March.

Post # 15
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Show us your STD? Below!

Where did you get it from? Vista Print

Why did you decided to get it? I loved the idea of doing scrabble tiles ever since I saw it online.  I also wanted to include one of our engaement pics

Did you make and design it yourself? I took the scrabble photo, my cousin helped me arrange the pictures in Photoshop and I did the text on Vista Print

Did you give them out already? Mine just came in the mail today and I will have them sent out by next Friday, which will be right around the 5 month mark— a little late but we have hardly any out of town guests and most people already know our date so I’m not too worried about it

Post # 16
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

The topic ‘Nov. 2012 Bees – Show us your Save the Dates!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors