(Closed) Nov 2012 Bees, We haven't talked about BM dresses yet

posted 6 years ago in November 2012
Post # 3
1811 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I’m also having an outdoor wedding, but the weather here is usually in the 70’s for November.  I am letting my girls pick their own dresses as long as they are at the knee, sleeveless, and have vintage details.  I will of course approve them so they are cohesive, but it is mostly up to them!  I bought everyone the same shoes and an ivory pashmina (just in case it is unusually cold that day).

Post # 5
268 posts
Helper bee

The dress for my Maid/Matron of Honor arrived this week! Perfect for our Destination Wedding in Thailand!

Post # 6
437 posts
Helper bee

We’re not getting married outdoors but the weather could be cold in Vermont in November. Even so- my girls wanted short dresses. Here is what we went with. They will also have a little pashmina to wear. 

Post # 7
1111 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Soon2bSykes:  Gorgeous!!!  That is the color I originally wanted but couldn’t find it in any of the dresses my girls liked!  I LOVE the dress you chose.

My 4 girls are doing charcoal gray dresses by Amsale.  All the dresses are long crinkle chiffon, but they each chose a different style for the top.  One is wearing a one-shoulder, one is in a strapless/sweetheart, one has a skinny halter with a fluttery little ruffle on the bust, and one has two straps with little ruffles.  I love them & can’t wait to see them all together!  Then they are each wearing the silver shoe of their choosing; flats or heels, it’s up to them!

My brother’s girlfriend is our usherette, and she is also wearing a long Amsale dress, but in an orangey “Spice” color instead of charcoal.  I think it will be beautiful!

Post # 8
1217 posts
Bumble bee

@cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  I’m getting married in Houston in November, and we didn’t put too much thought into the fabric as far as the weather goes. When I get the 10-day forecast, if it looks like it’s going to be chilly, I’ll buy pashminas for the girls in the wedding party; otherwise, if it’s warm, we won’t worry about it. If it really is going to be chilly, I might buy them tights too since they’re wearing knee-length dresses. (They’re wearing shorter dresses since they’re much cheaper than most long dresses, and most of my BMs are on a pretty restricting budget.)

My girls are wearing strapless silk chiffon dresses from J. Crew. (Really similar to Soon2bSykes‘s dresses.)

I think your dresses look beautiful! And hey, if you want silk then do silk.

Post # 9
354 posts
Helper bee

I told each of my girls to pick a black cocktail dress they will wear again.  My requirements were knee length, no embellishments (sequins, rhinestones, etc), and no one-shoulder styles since that’s what style my wedding dress is.  I’m also asking them to wear gold shoes of their choice.  I think the look will be perfect for our elegant evening wedding in Manhattan, and they’ll each still look like themselves.  

Post # 10
7 posts
Newbee

My colors are black and white so I went for a simple dress that suited everyones figure.

Post # 11
672 posts
Busy bee

I had ideas of what I wanted when we went looking for dresses, ended up hating them all! All the girls wanted long dresses so I kind of lucked out. We went into the store, I let them pull dresses and let them agree on one they all agreed on! I just picked the color =) 

Post # 12
48 posts
Newbee

Here’s mine! They are black like the pic!

Post # 15
1811 posts
Buzzing bee

@lindseyl06:  Sorry it took me so long to get back!  I got them from peachcouture.com.  They had the best prices that I’ve seen and they got here super quick!

The topic ‘Nov 2012 Bees, We haven't talked about BM dresses yet’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors