(Closed) Nov 2012 Brides, what is on the July to do list?

posted 6 years ago in November 2012
Post # 3
1111 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

The only big thing we have on the list for July is to shop for our wedding rings!

I also need to find my shoes so I can get my alterations started in August, but so far I haven’t had any luck finding what I’m looking for…  I just ordered two pair yesterday, though, so I am excited to get them and see how they work!  I hope they’re comfy and cute so I can just be done with looking for the right pair.

Post # 4
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I feel like I have a ton of things on the July list-

Finish putting together and addressing all the invites

Start on designs for programs and table numbers

Finish Burlap Cone making

FH needs to look at suits

Book the rest of the Honeymoon 

Book the hotel rooms for wedding weekend

Write ceremony

Some of these things will rollobver into other months but I def want to get started ASAP. 

Post # 5
860 posts
Busy bee

finish up invitations

book honeymoon

engagement pictures/hair and makeup trial the same day

Post # 6
1111 posts
Bumble bee

@Soon2bSykes:  Cripes, maybe I should add more to my list…  I hadn’t planned on addressing invitations until August, but I might slowly work on them so it’s not a huge task all at once.

Fiance also has to pick out his suit!  I forgot about that.  We know what groomsmen are doing, but he wants to buy a new suit, so we need to shop.

I also need to start my DIY stuff.  I’m not doing much, but little things like table numbers and figuring out candles for the tables.

Yikes, I better get going!  Smile

Post # 7
354 posts
Helper bee

Hmm, here’s my list for July.  I didn’t do too much wedding stuff in June, so it’s probably time to get moving. 

Sign contract with cake baker
Order invitations
Order engagment photo guestbook
Go fabric and trim shopping for bridesmaid sashes
Start making bridesmaid sashes
Final pre-marital counseling session
pick up rings
visit hotel suites to see if they’re suitable to be the bridal suite and finalize booking

yeah, i guess that’s ambitious enough for July.  I will probably end up putting some of it off…

Post # 8
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Oh goodness I think I’m going to accomplish alot in July… There’s the wedding rings. We already picked out FI’s, just hadn’t purchased it yet and we have a Bridesmaid or Best Man dress appt on July 21st. July 22 is a Bridal show and my wedding planner, possibly my mom and I are going. And we are trying to get the Groomsmen attire picked out by the end of this month as well. Oh, and I KEEP forgetting about the registry!!!!! Fiance and I definately have to register some places by the end of this month as well… WHEW!

Post # 9
268 posts
Helper bee

OMG – we are all getting sooooooo close!!! Almost the 4 month mark!!!

In July I need to:

• Find some gorgeous Emerald Green Wedges (this is doing my head in!)
  • Finalize RSVPs
  • Finalize wedding flowers/decorations (due by Sept, so not urgent)
  • Plan/Book honeymoon – 1 week in Cambodia & 2 weeks in Vietnam
  • Keep putting money aside
  • Keep the fitness/diet up!
  • More hair/makeup trials for DIY
  • Design, make & send my Destination Wedding info pack for those attending our Destination Wedding in Thailand
  • Choose wedding cake flavours
  • Order favours – sandalwood fans for the ladies and custom stubby coolers for the gents!
  • Oh – and get Fiance and my wedding rings sorted (mine is custom so may present some challenges 🙁  )

I am tired just thinking about this list!!!

Post # 10
285 posts
Helper bee

Just about 4 months to go- wow! For July/August, my goal is to finish as many of my DIY projects as possible, because anything I don’t finish by the end of August will have to be shipped back to the wedding location instead of handed to my parents (yay cross-country wedding planning…). For me, that means:

• card box
  • guest book (still deciding what to do for that)
  • address the invites/ order stamps
  • table numbers
  • Finalize centerpiece mock-up and collect enough supplies for 15 tables

Oh, and somewhere in there we need to get Fiance a ring and pick out his suit (fortunately he’s already been measured). Man, the more I finish, the more I feel there is to do some days!

Post # 11
570 posts
Busy bee

Wasn’t it just New Years Eve?! Where is the time going??? I just ordered our invitations last week, so those should be here in a few weeks- I’ll need to get them addressed and mailed out. We just picked the tuxes two weeks ago, we have our cake tasting appointment this weekend. My bridal shower outfit has been sent to a BMs house (my Mom is insisting that I have a surprise shower!!) so I’m thinking that’ll be this month at some point. We are having the Bridal Shower and Bach. Party relatively early, while my Maid/Matron of Honor little sister is home from college. We need to get moving on picking out his wedding band and designing mine (from family diamonds yay!). I also plan on ordering a few pairs of shoes this month, as my dress should be in by the end of July and I want to try to avoid getting it hemmed… it’ll save me approximately $500!! I want to have different heel heights there to see what works best. I also want to order my accessories and my Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts (painted wine glass, necklace, Thirty One clutch) so that I have them ready to go. I feel like I’m missing something?

Post # 12
1642 posts
Bumble bee

Um, DESIGN the invites. Holy moly.

Post # 13
1111 posts
Bumble bee

When are you ladies sending out your invitations?  I was thinking the week of August 27th…?  It’s a little earlier than the 6-8 weeks recommended, but I figured this way, they get delivered before Labor Day when people go out of town.  And our RSVP deadline is 10/1, so that gives guests just over a month to respond.

Post # 15
1111 posts
Bumble bee

@Soon2bSykes:  Oh my gosh, those are amazing!!!  I LOVE them!

Post # 16
2692 posts
Sugar bee

Those invitations are amazing. We designed our own too (thanks mainly fi).  Love all the unique touches in yours.

My July do to list:

Book a DJ

Book a Caterer

Book an officiant (if I book the Church, then officiant is taken care of).

Pay down some more $$ on Florist and Photograhper (doing that tomorrow).

Buy Bridal jewelry

Pick up my wedding bands

Get material for bridesmaids dresses

Give photo inspirations to baker and makeup/hair artist

Figure out fi’s outfit 

Save even more money!!!!!

The topic ‘Nov 2012 Brides, what is on the July to do list?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors