(Closed) Nov 2012 Brides, What time is your ceremony and reception?

posted 9 years ago in November 2012
Post # 17
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Our wedding date is November 4th which is the day that daylight savings ends (at 2am that morning) so I’m happy we’ll get an extra hour of sleep and an extra hour to party, but hopefully my guest won’t show up early!. Ceremony starts at 12pm – 12:30pm, Cocktail hour is 12:30pm – 1:30pm and Reception is 1:30pm – 5:30pm & then we are having an after party at the tavern that’s at our reception location.  The sun goes down around 4:30ish that day so we’ll get a beautiful sunset and an hour of dark!

Post # 18
324 posts
Helper bee

Well… This has me re-thinking my start time… I wanted a “dusk/sunset” wedding, and my plan was to start at 5PM.  Maybe I should start at 4:30?  

Post # 19
47 posts
Newbee

@lindseyl06: We are almost date twins! We are the 25th. 

Post # 20
47 posts
Newbee

Sunset for the 25th(you can google a specific date and location) in fort worth is around 5:30pm so that is what we have gone off of.

Post # 21
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Leonard2B:  Ditto!  🙂  I am excited that the time change will provide everyone with an extra hour of sleep the next day.

5:30 p.m. ceremony

6 p.m. cocktail hour

7 p.m. dinner

Dance starting around 8:15 or so?  Maybe 8:30?  We haven’t finalized that part, but we don’t want dinner to go on for too long where guests start getting restless.

Wedding over at midnight.

Post # 23
639 posts
Busy bee

@lindseyl06:  Yes I’m having the  same problem! We have to pay extra to rent our venue for extra hours! The basic package comes with 1 hour ceremony and 4 hours reception. It’s an outdoor wedding and it gets dark at ~5:30 on Nov 10th, so I think the ceremony needs to start at 4 at the latest.

Here are my 2 different schedules, can’t decide:

Schedule #1:

4:00 Ceremony

4:30 Cocktail hour (1 hour for playing outdoor lawn games while the sun’s still up)

5:30 Dinner (sun will be setting)

6:30 Cake cutting/dancing

10:00 Sparkler exit

Schedule #2:

3:30 Ceremony

4:00 Cocktail hour (1.5 hours for playing lots of games while the sun’s up!)

5:30 Dinner (sun will be setting)

6:30 Cake cutting/dancing

10:00 Sparkler exit

What do y’all think?!

Post # 24
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@MsVoyageur:  Personally, I think 1 hour for cocktails/games is plenty!  I have been to weddings that have a longer cocktail “hour,” and guests start to get restless.  Maybe not at your wedding since there will be games and people won’t just be standing around chatting – but I still think 1 hour is a good amount of time.  Smile

Post # 25
639 posts
Busy bee

@Ms Bookworm:  Ok thanks for the tip! That helps!

Post # 26
259 posts
Helper bee

we’re getting married at 3, with the reception right after. We’re doing a first look before the wedding. I’m afraid it will be dark by the time the ceremony is over.

Post # 27
160 posts
Blushing bee

November 24th in the UK.

We’re getting married at 1:15pm GMT, wedding breakfast at 5:00pm GMT.

Evening reception from 7:30pm GMT.

Post # 28
215 posts
Helper bee

We are doing a brunch wedding! Reception and ceremony are at the same place –

1030-11 morning cocktails- mimosa and bloody Mary bars, ” appetizers ” mini donuts w a shot glass of milk, mini blueberry pancakes on skewers, mini egg mcmuffins etc

11-1130 informal ceremony

1130-12:15 continue “cocktail hour”

12:15-1 special dances

1-3:30 brunch and dancing

We are having an after party that night w a different band for the younger guests from 8-12

Post # 29
188 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve debated about the timeline for our wedding a lot. We’re lucky enough to have the venue for the whole day but I think we decided on:

4 PM- Ceremony

4:30PM Cocktail Hour

6 PM- Intro’s/first dance

6:15 PM Dinner begins

6:45 PM Toasts

7 PM Mother/Son Dance  Brother/Sister dance (We’re opening the dance floor with a parially choreographed dance to “Yeah”)

7:15 Dancing

8:15 Cake cutting

8:30 Resume dancing all NIGHT

11 PM Music off- buses pick up to bring guests back to hotel for afterparty

12 PM everyone cleared out

We’re doing an hour and half cocktail hour because we have the time but also because we’re taking pics for the first time together during the cocktail hour and I want to be able to come back and talk to some people. There is also a pool table in the cocktail hour room and depending on the weather there might be outdoor games too. I think our guests will be fine with lots of drinks and apps. 

Post # 30
5 posts
Newbee

We are getting married at 2pm and the ceremony is at 6. We wanted a good amount of time with sunlight for the pictures so we had to have this large gap.

The topic ‘Nov 2012 Brides, What time is your ceremony and reception?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors