(Closed) Nov 2012 Brides, What time is your ceremony and reception?

posted 8 years ago in November 2012
Post # 32
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Hi…date twin!!!

Our ceremony starts at 5:00pm. Cocktail hour at 6:00-7:00. Reception from 7:00-until probably 12:00. Gotta figure out the rest of the reception timeline.,

What time is your rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on Friday?

Post # 33
372 posts
Helper bee

Hi everyone! Our ceremony will begin at 2pm and bridal party entrance into the reception at 3:30pm. We actually have the venue for the entire day, so I am not very concerned about the timeline. Our reception ends around 11pm.

Our rehearsal dinner is at the same venue the evening before- rehearsal is at 7pm and dinner to follow.

Post # 34
87 posts
Worker bee

Hi Month Twins!! Glad I found this thread – I just had a “wedding start time crisis” but I think it has been resolved.

My wedding is the first weekend after daylight savings, so it will get darker an hour earlier. According to online references, the sun will set at 4:59pm on my wedding day.  While I didn’t really see what the big deal was, my mother and my Fiance (and our photographer too!) all insisted that we needed an earlier start time to capture nice sunny pictures of of venue afterwards. This irked me at first, because we are having a formal / black tie wedding and I didn’t want it to come across as a “daytime” wedding feel. However…here is the compromise timeline:

Wedding ceremony starts @ 3pm (at church)

Ceremony to conclude @ 4pm

**Bridal Party and Bride/Groom Pictures at church and at the reception venue (which is ~30 minutes away with traffic) between 4pm and 5:30pm.

Cocktail hour for guests @ 5pm (our reception venue provides the bridal party with a private cocktail hour in a separate room after pictures, which is nice, so that we don’t miss out on food and drinks)

Reception ballroom opens @ 6pm

Party till 11pm.

All that being said, I know our actual ceremony won’t take 1 hour, so I came up with the idea of having our hired musicians (sax + keyboard) play interlude music for 15 minutes or so before the bridal party begins to enter down the aisle….that way we can stretch out the ceremony a little bit and guests won’t arrive to the 5pm cocktail hour too soon. Also, we are offering shuttle transportation to and from the church, so we will probably make sure the shuttle doesn’t leave the church before 4:15pm.

Any thoughts or input into my “scheme” will be much appreciated!

Post # 35
176 posts
Blushing bee

Mine is at 5pm and the reception starts at 6pm. Unfortunately we only have the place until 9:30…but oh well! We plan on going out after (but that might change lol).

Post # 36
58 posts
Worker bee

Ceremony at 2pm.  Cocktail hour is 3-4. Reception is 4 to 8pm!

The topic ‘Nov 2012 Brides, What time is your ceremony and reception?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors