(Closed) Nov 2013 Brides: April Check In

posted 6 years ago in November 2013
Post # 3
363 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

As of right now, all of our wedding vendors are hired and paid.  I’ve just got lots of little things to do.  We filmed our video STD yesterday, and those will be going out the first week of May.  We are also taking our e-pics in May after my Fiance finishes graduate school.  

Other than all that, I’ve been feeling burnt out on all my wedding stuff.  I’m thinking a month long hiatus from any major wedding things will help!

Post # 4
1432 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Hi Bees!  It’s been a while since I’ve been on here… I think Wedding Bee was giving me anxiety about planning, so I logged off for a while.  But I’m in a better place now, planning-wise, so I feel safe about logging in again ๐Ÿ™‚

@beachbride1216:  Sounds like things are going swimmingly for you!  Congrats ๐Ÿ™‚

@kalixti:  I totally hear you about the burn-out.  Good on ya for taking a break if you think you need it.

As for plans, we have deposits on our ceremony and reception venues, and the reception venue includes tables, chairs, catering, etc, so that’s automatically taken care of.  We have deposits on our photographer and I just put a deposit down for my dress this past weekend!  Yessss.  I think the major things left for us to do is find a minister (who I’ve emailed yesterday and am awaiting a response), book a florist (I met with one on the weekend and they will be sending me a quote in a week or two), and music (we’d love a quartet during the ceremony and then a DJ for the reception).

That’s pretty much it for now!  Good luck ladies ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 6
101 posts
Blushing bee

-Our parents have met

-I’ve started Pinterest boards for hair, makeup, dresses, and decorations

-We’ve created our guest list

-We’ve determined our budget

-We’ve set a date

-We’ve booked our venue

-We’ve hired our photographer

-We’ve selected the bridal party

-We’ve booked blocks of rooms at the hotel

-We’ve negotiated discounts with an airline and car rental agency

-We’ve created and printed our save the dates

-We’ve created our invitations 

-I’ve made an appointment with a dress designer in LA

-We’ve booked the caterer

-We’ve designed the thank you cards

-We’ve purchased stationary for thank you cards and invitations

-We set up the wedding website

-We’ve narrowed our list of honeymoon destinations

-We set up our registries

-We hired our DJ

-I’ve applied for my passport

-We’ve booked our cake baker

-We’ve booked our hotel for the night of

-We’ve found our ketubah and wording

And…. we have a lot more to do (c:

Post # 7
20 posts
Newbee

I know it’s still 7 months away but it feels like it is approaching so quickly now!

Since March we have:

– Purchased the groom’s suit and created a group # at men’s warehouse so the three groomsmen can purchase theirs

– narrowed down our guest list, DIY’ed and sent out save the dates. whew! this is what i most wanted to check off my list.

– I ordered shoes off zappos in two different colors to choose which I wanted, now I need to send the other ones back

– ordered our favor kits (we’ll have to assemble them on 10/31 when they arrive)

– met the future MIL’s friend who will be helping us DIY centerpieces and other flower arrangements and put some ideas together

– purchased some of the containers needed to assemble centerpieces/floral arrangements

we STILL need:
– a photographer

– an officiant

– groom’s shoes 

– a few more containers for floral arrangements

– formal invitations

– bridesmaid dresses (they are picking out their own, as long as it’s navy blue)

– i need to order a gift for each bridesmaid, and my mom and future mom.

Post # 8
610 posts
Busy bee

Everyone seems to be right on track! 

My guy and I are wedding photographers, so we’re aiming to get 90% of everything done before the busy season hits (basically we have 3 weeks left before things get nutty).

In the last couple of weeks we booked our cake and did our tasting, I finally found proper undergarments for the wedding day, and we put down our deposit with the decor rental place. I also JUST bought my shoes off ebay tonight!

I haven’t even started looking around for tuxes yet, ring shopping, or figured out our engagement photos or hair/makeup trial. 

When are you ladies booking your engagement photos?

Post # 9
751 posts
Busy bee

Ordered my dress

Got my shoes

Paid the 2nd deposit on our venue

Chose our menu

Reserved officiant

Got photographer and videographer

Got florist

Still need to:

Choose and order Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses

choose a MOB dress with my mom

Get grooms and groomsmen suits

Order invitations

Choose cake flavors and design

Choose bridal jewelry

We are doing engagement photos as soon as the weather turns nicer. 

Post # 10
363 posts
Helper bee

@MsGolightly:  It feels nice to just take a break from it all, although I’ve got to get back to it next week since our Save-The-Date Cards go out the first week in May!

@MissGemini:  We are doing a video STD, and we filmed that last Monday.  We aren’t getting our e-pics done until mid-May when my Fiance is done with graduate school.  

Post # 11
101 posts
Blushing bee

@MissGemini:  I think we’ll get ours done in the summer; our photographer is going away to Taiwan for two weeks and said we’ll set the date in when she returns in May.

Post # 12
732 posts
Busy bee

We have

– the venue booked and deposit paid

– the catering booked

– the dj + uplighting booked and deposit paid

– the photographer booked

– my dress/sash is ordered, half of it is paid for.. waiting for it to come in

– engagement pictures done

– save the dates came in, sending out in May

– wedding cake (actually cupcakes!) picked out

– bridesmaids are shopping for their dresses

I feel behind ๐Ÿ™

Post # 13
363 posts
Helper bee

@futuremrskgt:  You’re not behind at all! In fact, you’ve got quite a lot of the big things out of the way, and that’s something to be proud of. ๐Ÿ™‚  Besides, we still have 6ish months to go!

Post # 14
610 posts
Busy bee

@kalixti:  aaa! 6-ish months to go is going to FLY by!!!Smile

Post # 15
363 posts
Helper bee

@MissGemini:  Ugh, don’t remind me, I’m still making an attempt to pretend I don’t need to be working on a million wedding things!  >.<  Right now I’m just trying to focus on solving my current STD dilemma.

Post # 16
513 posts
Busy bee

@beachbride1216:  So far we’ve..

Completed:

• Set the date

• Booked our ceremony/reception venue (paid for)

• Ordered my dress (paid half)

• Ordered my bridesmaids dresses (paid for)

• Booked the photographer (paid half)

• Taken the engagement session

• Booked the honeymoon to Jamaica & paid for all of it.

To do:

• Tuxes will be ordered in the next couple months.

• Flowers and decor will be DIY.

• In the process of finding a cake.

• We’re not doing save-the-dates. We got engaged Dec 2011, and we’ve created an event on facebook.

• Invitations will be sent out July/August.

• Picked out our wedding bands/my jewelry. My dad will be making it up around this summer. (Our family owns a jewelry store)

Still kind of cluseless on our officiant and what we’re going to do for catering besides the fact that we know we’re doing finger food. (afternoon ceremony/reception)

The topic ‘Nov 2013 Brides: April Check In’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors