(Closed) Nov 2015 Mamas Part 5: We are thankful to be cruising into the 2nd trimester!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What will you dress your baby in at the holidays?
    Santa suit : (2 votes)
    6 %
    Elf suit : (2 votes)
    6 %
    Christmas/Holiday onesie : (19 votes)
    61 %
    Formal wear: fancy dress or vest/shirt combo : (6 votes)
    19 %
    Something else (tell us about it!) : (2 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 2
    2158 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

How far along are you now? 15+0 today! πŸ™‚

Team Pink, Blue or Green…do you already know? Are you finding out? We don’t know yet.. I’ve been convinced it’s a boy since day 1 but we won’t know for sure until next ultrasound on 25th June.. long time to wait!! πŸ™‚

How are you feeling these days? What symptooms are you dealing with? Tired and emotional, but the nausea has pretty much gone.. I do get random crying spells and irritability attacks though..

What are you most excited about right now? Just meeting the baby… cant wait for it to come out πŸ™‚ and I’m still worried about whether everything will continue to be ok.

When is your next appointment? Regular appointment on June 3rd and big 21 week ultrasound on June 25th..

Share any items, apps, outfits or gear you’ve found to make pregnancy a little easier or more fun! I’ve bought the baby some cute little socks but that’s all so far!! We’re starting to think about shopping now though.

Tell us about your nursery! What are you planning? Have you started yet? Any pics yet? We’ve only just started thinking about it and plan to go out and buy everything we need in June.. we’ll definitely make it neutral (beige walls and gender neutral furniture), because we want more than one child and they will end up sharing a room for a while because we have a small house..

Shopping for baby gear, clothes and goodies yet? Tell us about your awesome finds whether you’ve bought them or just scoping things out! Not yet πŸ™‚ See post above

My bump is starting to show but I haven’t actually taken any pics yet!! It’s weird – the first trimester seemed to go by sooo slow but now that I look back on it it seems like it went by fast!

Post # 3
    692 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

How far along are you now? 12 weeks + 2 days

Team Pink, Blue or Green…do you already know? Are you finding out? Don’t know yet, but we’re planning to find out at the anatomy scan.  End of June-ish, I think.

How are you feeling these days? What symptooms are you dealing with?  Well I was feeling great until the other day, when nausea kicked back in.  I seem to get SMACKED with it for a few days, then I’m fine for a few weeks.  My hypothesis is growth spurts.  Other than that, I’ve been kind of mildy achy in my pelvic area this week, which I’m assuming is stretching ligaments.

What are you most excited about right now? I am super looking forward to a cute bump (mostly so my uterus lifts off my bladder already!  I’m peeing all the time!)

When is your next appointment? May 29th.  Gonna hear the heartbeat with a doppler, probably get the quad screen blood test at the same appointment.

Share any items, apps, outfits or gear you’ve found to make pregnancy a little easier or more fun!  Hmm, haven’t found much.  I think I mentioned the Ovia Pregnancy app on one of the older threads, still like that.  Gives you daily updates on what baby’s up to, and has a little “baby’s hand is this big” image that I adore.

Tell us about your nursery! What are you planning? Have you started yet? Any pics yet?  Well we’re lining up a realtor and doind pre-approval this week, so, that’s about as far as I am with a nusery, haha.

Shopping for baby gear, clothes and goodies yet? Tell us about your awesome finds whether you’ve bought them or just scoping things out!  Ugh, I’m coming up short on clothes.  The average age around here isn’t baby-having age, there are no maternity stores and even the sections at Target and department stores is abysmal and pretty picked over.  I think once I get a bump, I’m going to take a day trip with a friend about an hour away to shop.  I have a few empire waisted loose dresses and one pair of maternity jeans to make it till then.

No bump to speak of yet, and all my ultrasound pics are on my phone and pretty blurry.

Post # 4
    787 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

ROLL CALL!!!!!

How far along are you now? 15 weeks today πŸ˜€

Team Pink, Blue or Green…do you already know? Are you finding out? We don’t know yet, but we definitely want to find out. My next ultrasound will be between 18-20 weeks, so not long to go now.

How are you feeling these days? What symptooms are you dealing with? Feeling straight-up fat and not at all pregnant. No symptoms either than occasional headaches and fatigue.

What are you most excited about right now? Finding out the sex!

When is your next appointment? May 19th, next Tuesday night.

Share any items, apps, outfits or gear you’ve found to make pregnancy a little easier or more fun! 

Tell us about your nursery! What are you planning? Have you started yet? Any pics yet? Haven’t really done anything yet. We’re all (family included) waiting to find out the sex before we go nuts shopping.

Shopping for baby gear, clothes and goodies yet? Tell us about your awesome finds whether you’ve bought them or just scoping things out! Got a couple onesies when Target was closing in Canada, but otherwise nothing much. Bought a plushie owl shaker since Darling Husband got fixated on an owl-themed nursery.

Include a picture of your baby bump and/or latest ultrasound if you want!

Post # 5
    860 posts
    Busy bee

Post # 6
    269 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

ROLL CALL!!!!!

How far along are you now? 12w1d

Team Pink, Blue or Green…do you already know? Are you finding out? I’m rooting for a girl but of course I would love to have either.  We are finding out because Darling Husband is impatient.  Next child he promises to be team green.

How are you feeling these days? What symptooms are you dealing with?  I still feel fine!  No sore boobs, not tired at all, no sickness- I’ve been very lucky!

What are you most excited about right now?  Holding him or her and spending Christmas with it.

When is your next appointment? June 5th.

Share any items, apps, outfits or gear you’ve found to make pregnancy a little easier or more fun! I have several apps that I follow along with and a week by week pregnancy book my sister got me.  

Tell us about your nursery! What are you planning? Have you started yet? Any pics yet?  A forest theme for either a boy or girl.  Haven’t really started yet, just browsing stores online.  Both Darling Husband and I are artists though so probably do lots of paintings for it. 

Shopping for baby gear, clothes and goodies yet? Tell us about your awesome finds whether you’ve bought them or just scoping things out!  Haven’t looked just yet.

Include a picture of your baby bump and/or latest ultrasound if you want!  Darling Husband and I can feel a bump but it isn’t visable yet.  My last ultrasound was a little before 7 weeks, it will be awesome to see the baby again at 20 weeks!

Post # 7
    860 posts
    Busy bee

ROLL CALL!!!!!

How far along are you now? I’m 14w3d today πŸ™‚

Team Pink, Blue or Green…do you already know? Are you finding out? Definitely plan to find out! I think we will pay to find out then gender at Babymoon! I think that can be around 17 weeks! So not too far now!! I would love to have a girl first and of course Darling Husband wants a boy! Obviously I’d be sooo happy with whatever it is!!!

How are you feeling these days? What symptooms are you dealing with? I’ve been prety lucky thus far in the pregnancy, I’ve had no morning sickness. I’ve been dealing with fatigue for sure though. And a hate for chicken which really sucks because I really want chicken haha

What are you most excited about right now? I can’t wait to feel the baby move for the first time! And to find out the gender!!! πŸ™‚

When is your next appointment? I will be doing the NT Scan in 2 weeks (Standard here) And then next visit with OB isn’t until June 22nd.

Share any items, apps, outfits or gear you’ve found to make pregnancy a little easier or more fun! Honestly, I’ve been living in my Target maternity jeans and Walkmart materniuty muscle shirts. For apps, I downloaded the “baby Countdown” and I like it! It gives me weekly updates on the size of baby W.

Tell us about your nursery! What are you planning? Have you started yet? Any pics yet? We are sadly taking apart my husbands Mancave right now as it is the second biggest room in the house. Darling Husband and my dad are going to be renovating the room in the next week and building a nice and big closet. Once we know the gender we will pick up the paint color and begin transforming the nursery!!! I’m so excited for that!!! πŸ™‚

Shopping for baby gear, clothes and goodies yet? Tell us about your awesome finds whether you’ve bought them or just scoping things out!  I’ve been very fortunate and the family I nanny for is gifting us alot. They are giving us their beautiful white crib, a glider, pack’n’play and highchair. So they’ve really taken care of alot of the bigger items. I know that with either gender I’d like to do white furniture so I will probably pick up a dresser and night stand from IKEA. All I know is for a girl I want a light grey wall, white furniture and pops of Pinik–and for a boy I want Tffany blue walls, white furiture and grey chevron pattern. Patiently waiting to go nuts with shopping haha

Include a picture of your baby bump and/or latest ultrasound if you want! I haven’t taken any new bump pictures, Just have my 12week bump and the 7week ultrasound. We will hopefully have the ultrasound in a few weeks!!! πŸ™‚

POLL QUESTION: What will you dress your baby in at the holidays? We have 4 christmas events each year for our familes. I can almost guarentee that we will have Baby in one of each of the options!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 9
    209 posts
    Helper bee

How far along are you now? 15W1D

Team Pink, Blue or Green…do you already know? Are you finding out?  Blue!  Ultrasound tech told us she was 90% sure it was a boy at the 12W scan, which was then confirmed by the Harmony test.  I’ve always wanted a son as the first child, so we’re very happy.

How are you feeling these days? What symptooms are you dealing with?  Feel great.  No symptoms to speak of and haven’t had any the entire pregnancy (very lucky).  Still going to the gym 5 times/week.

What are you most excited about right now?  Thinking about how our dog and son will be BFFs.

When is your next appointment?  16 week appt next week.

Share any items, apps, outfits or gear you’ve found to make pregnancy a little easier or more fun!  Nothing yet.  I haven’t bought any maternity clothes yet but plan on getting a bunch of maternity leggings soon.

Tell us about your nursery! What are you planning? Have you started yet? Any pics yet?  
    Also nothing yet.  I don’t think we really plan on having a nursery at all and well just set up a crib in the guest room where we keep a bed for my mom/in laws.  Our plan is move in the next few years anyway so we don’t really want to start painting and doing things that make it look explicitly like a child’s room.

Shopping for baby gear, clothes and goodies yet? Tell us about your awesome finds whether you’ve bought them or just scoping things out!

5 of my good friends have had sons (only 1 has a girl) in the last few years so my plan is to get all the hand-me-downs I can.  Hoping to not buy any infant clothes at all.  Also getting an infant car seat from a friend whose son will reach 30 lbs before ours is born.  We are researching strollers and we will likely buy a lighter one (Britax Agile or City Mini) for traveling and to/from car and a heavier one for long walks (leaning toward Uppababy Vista).  Our friends gave us the Baby Bargains book which has helpful reviews.

Post # 10
    133 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

How far along are you now? 14+4

Team Pink, Blue or Green…do you already know? Are you finding out? At our 13 week screening ultrasound, the tech said she thought it was a boy, but we know that it’s really early to be sure so we’re not sharing that guess with any friends or family members yet. 

How are you feeling these days? Sooo much better than a few weeks ago. Still fairly tired (but we’re also in the middle of moving, so I think that’s contributing), and I’m getting some cramps in my uterus the past few days– it just feels kind of sore. I’m not worried– I think it’s just getting bigger πŸ™‚

What are you most excited about right now? I’m excited to be further along and be able to start buying baby stuff and planning our nursery!

When is your next appointment? 16 week checkup on May 28th. Don’t have my 20 week ultrasound scheduled yet since we’re moving before then and I’ll have to get inprocessed with a new OB. 

Share any items, apps, outfits or gear you’ve found to make pregnancy a little easier or more fun! I really haven’t bought anything pregnancy or baby-related yet, since we’re in the middle of moving. Right now, we have only what can fit in our suitcases and last us the next month (it takes a whole month for the military to ship all our belongings from Hawaii to Texas!) 

Tell us about your nursery! What are you planning? Have you started yet? Any pics yet? Nothing yet, but I think we’re planning a outdoors/camping kind of theme. I doubt I’ll stick to closely to the theme though, other than some artwork. 

Shopping for baby gear, clothes and goodies yet? Not yet, everything is waiting until we’re situated in our new home. I’m getting impatient!!

This was our last ultrasound, at 12+6. So cute!

13 weeks best2

Post # 11
    959 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

How far along are you now? 13w2d

Team Pink, Blue or Green…do you already know? Are you finding out? We don’t know yet, but we are hoping for a girl. Of course, we’d be happy with either. But we only want one so we’d prefer a girl. We will find out at my anatomy ultrasound at the end of June or early July.

How are you feeling these days? What symptoms are you dealing with? Feeling happy and fine most days. I still have breakouts galore on my face, chest, and shoulders, and back. Had a few minor cramps, gas, and that’s about it. I still get emotional easily.

What are you most excited about right now? Telling my family THIS weekend!! We haven’t shared our news at all yet. So we will this weekend. Next weekend we will tell DH’s family which I am also excited for. Then we will tell co-workers and friends. Then the FB announcement! I’m excited for it all.

When is your next appointment? June 5th for a regular appointment and getting blood drawn for the quad screen at 16 weeks.

Share any items, apps, outfits or gear you’ve found to make pregnancy a little easier or more fun! I just use the Expecting app to read about the week I am. I have a couple books packed away that I can finally feel OK about getting out. I may have to get some maternity things in the next few weeks though, particularly pants/skirts/dresses for my new job.

Tell us about your nursery! What are you planning? Have you started yet? Any pics yet? Haven’t started it yet. We will probably go with a lime green, grey, and something other color though. The carpet and walls are blue at our rental house so I’ll probably get some vinyl decals for the walls, I was thinking clouds. Saw some on Etsy! I did keep all my childhood books though, so we will probably get a bookcase for those.

Shopping for baby gear, clothes and goodies yet? Tell us about your awesome finds whether you’ve bought them or just scoping things out! I bought 1 onesie that says “Cutest ____ fan” with our college team on it. I’ve eyed it for a year now and I had to have it. Otherwise I haven’t bought anything. 

Post # 12
    Hostess
    3167 posts
    Sugar bee

Nickig_4:  Could you add me, please?  We had a miscarriage recently and I was scared to get my hopes up again.  But everything is going well so far, and I’m due November 29.  Just heard baby’s heartbeat again Monday – I’m seeing my OB every two weeks.  Thank you!

Post # 13
    313 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

ROLL CALL!!!!!

How far along are you now? 13w 4d

Team Pink, Blue or Green…do you already know? Are you finding out? We know at least one of the babies is a boy, thanks to chromosome testing. Eagerly awating the anatomy scan to learn more.

How are you feeling these days? What symptooms are you dealing with? Pretty good, but pretty tired and frequent headaches. (Although this last week has been much better!)

What are you most excited about right now? Feeling my babies move!

When is your next appointment? 1 Hour glucose 5/29 and anatomy scan 6/16

Share any items, apps, outfits or gear you’ve found to make pregnancy a little easier or more fun! Got the Countdown to Pregnancy book and have lots of free little apps. πŸ™‚

Tell us about your nursery! What are you planning? Have you started yet? Any pics yet? Not started yet and not crafty at all – will have to sort that all out this summer!

Shopping for baby gear, clothes and goodies yet? Tell us about your awesome finds whether you’ve bought them or just scoping things out! No shopping yet – and I store away HeyJude72’s product reviews for future reference. πŸ™‚

Post # 14
    93 posts
    Worker bee

ROLL CALL!!!!!

How far along are you now? 15w2d – Due date was changed to Nov. 2nd.

Team Pink, Blue or Green…do you already know? Are you finding out? – Dr. thinks it’s a girl but couldn’t be 100% sure. Hopefully we will get a definitive answer at our next ultrasound!

How are you feeling these days? What symptooms are you dealing with? Pretty ok. Have a relapse of the nausea the past couple of days and holy cow I’ve been so emotional. Super easy for me to cry and get mad. Poor hubby is dealing ok with it. Oh and round ligament pain has started. Ouch!

What are you most excited about right now? Right now I”m getting excited about seeing Darling Husband hold our baby for the first time. He’s not a really emotional guy, but I know he’s going to be super emotional when he holds her. He’s been wanting this for so so long.

When is your next appointment? Right now May 27th, but I’m looking to change dr’s after some issues with the group the dr. is affiliated with.

Share any items, apps, outfits or gear you’ve found to make pregnancy a little easier or more fun! Hmmm, the angel sounds doppler I got has been invaluable for me. I’m pretty neurotic and being able to hear the heartbeat every once in awhile puts my mind at ease. It’s also helping Darling Husband and I bond with the baby a bit more.

Tell us about your nursery! What are you planning? Have you started yet? Any pics yet? Haven’t started yet. We’ve looked around BuyBuy Baby and Babies R Us, but we’re going to wait till we def know the sex.

Shopping for baby gear, clothes and goodies yet? Tell us about your awesome finds whether you’ve bought them or just scoping things out! Still waiting to have a more definitive answer to the sex.

Include a picture of your baby bump and/or latest ultrasound if you want!

From today, 15w2d def. looking more pregnant!

Post # 15
    1663 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

HeyJude72:  the big cushy gliders/rockers are soooo worth it! Dd is 18 months and we still use it everyday. I have a wooden rocker too and I can’t imagine nursing and rocking a baby in it. I have one similar to this,

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/product.html?type=TRU_product_us&url=%2Fproduct%2Findex.jsp%3FproductId%3D53049276%26cp%3D2255957.2273443.2256245.50629046.50628856.50628876%26parentPage%3Dfamily&domain=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toysrus.com&productId=53049276&cp=2255957.2273443.2256245.50629046.50628856.50628876&parentPage=family’ defer=’defer

i fall asleep all the time when I rock dd to sleep. 

The topic ‘Nov 2015 Mamas Part 5: We are thankful to be cruising into the 2nd trimester!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors