(Closed) Nov 2015 Mamas Part 5: We are thankful to be cruising into the 2nd trimester!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What will you dress your baby in at the holidays?

Santa suit

Elf suit

Christmas/Holiday onesie

Formal wear: fancy dress or vest/shirt combo

Something else (tell us about it!)

• Post # 184
    3295 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

Hi Maggielou! Glad to have another team blue 🙂

View original reply
    HeyJude72:  Registered for ours yesterday too. I kept getting told to do it since it books up really quickly, but it seems like there were plenty of spots left. We’ll go for a full day in September. Drive in sounds ideal. Wish we had one!

I almost feel like I shouldn’t have said anything about the lack of sex life. His libido will come back, it always does. He did this in the first tri too, but I didn’t care (much) because I was feeling lousy and exhausted. I still don’t have a ton of energy, but I’m more aware of the lack of connection as we both come to grips with baby coming. He makes up for it in other ways.

Post # 185
    1423 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2009

View original reply
    sherryberry:  Glad you are feeling better.  

I’m sure that all of the twitches and spasm-y feelings I have are my little guy/gal moving around.  It’s crazy!  I can feel it after every meal if I sit quietly, and every night.  I can’t believe it went from nothing to all of this activity so quickly.  I think i just didn’t know what to feel for, and once I recognized it I can feel it pretty often.  

View original reply
    HeyJude72:  Glad you got your class set up.  I just got done with day 3 of mine.  It’s been pretty good so far.  It’s a little weird to take it so early, but it’s getting me inspired to start doing more to get prepared for labor.  That and the fact that it will not be easy to get an epidural, so I need to have a good idea for how to deal with the pain in other ways.  

Post # 187
    8 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I think I finally felt the baby move this weekend which is good because I stupidly read a book that had an underlying story of miscarriage which of course meant something must be wrong with my pregnancy, too. Also at my last ultrasound the tech told me she thought I’d feel the baby by 16 weeks because I’m small and because of the placement of my placenta and I was 16 weeks last week. They should probably keep that kind of stuff to themselves–especially for first time moms! 

When were you all told to start your classes? When I had my 12 week appt my midwife told me it was nothing I had to worry about for awhile. Now seeing that some of you have yours set up is making me think I should at least have it on my radar.. I have an appt on Wed so I’ll re-ask then. 

Could i I get an invite to the FB group? Someone a few weeks ago said they would send me a friend request and an invite but never got it. Don’t remember who. And no biggie about that but I do like the energy of this group and I’m way more into Facebook than a message board. My name is Lindsay Turwy from Baltimore, MD. Thanks ladies.

Post # 188
    3295 posts
    Sugar bee

I’ve had some not so fun cramping this weekend. I’m trying to stay active, but I’m finding that if I’ve been bent over potting plants or carrying something, I get crampy. Sometimes on my evening walks I get crampy too. Just a 20 minute walk is more than enough. I’ve been told that we’re both extremely healthy, and I know it’s just Smudge growing, but it always worries me at least briefly. I really do like being pregnant, but I am so used to being energizer bunny and having pretty well endless energy. I miss that. It seems like I’ve got to choose what I want to get done that day, and screw everything else. It makes me feel weak, tbh. I want to be as fit and healthy as possible, but my gym days and kickboxing days seem like a dream right now.

Post # 190
    762 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
    sherryberry:  I’ve been crampy, too.  Two of my apps have warned that round ligament pain should be kicking in with a vengence. My mudwufe said that, as long as it isn’t prolinged severe pain with bleeding, not to worry. It could also be a UTI. My new favorite symptom is that I’m constantly out of breath. Sometimes I’m okay, and sometimes I can’t say more than two sentences in a row. I do have allergies, so I think the pregnancy is making them worse. Also normal, apparently.

I’m glad I’m pregnant, and I’m enjoying the 2nd tri soooo much more than the 1st, but I think part of my joy after the birth is that pregnancy symptoms will end. I know it’s worth it, and we’ve fought like hell to get this baby,  but it seems like if there’s an unpleasant symptom, I’ll get it. My shortness of breath kept me up last night, so I’m extra whiny today.

Post # 191
    2155 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Oh I’m so glad you ladies are getting crampy too. I get crampy if I stay in the same position for too long or if I eat too much.. or if I overdo the exercise.. glad I’m not alone.. apparently magnesium helps.. 

Post # 192
    860 posts
    Busy bee

I’ve been feeling everything expanding..Seems every Sunday night/Monday morning. Where it feels best to have a pilllow right up against my bump and to walk hunched over haha.

I read that around the 20 weeks mark its normal to feel this and I actually asked my Dr today and she confirmed its just our uterus making more room!!! 🙂

Post # 194
    3295 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    HeyJude72:  Ypu’ll get hopped up on baby excitement again, don’t worry. Did you tell your husband that you’re feeling a little disappointed?

Post # 196
    2155 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    HeyJude72:  I know..it’s so exciting!! 🙂 

View original reply
    Nickig_4:  Glad to hear it’s normal… my tummy is expanding so much today I feel like I’m going to burst!! 

The topic ‘Nov 2015 Mamas Part 5: We are thankful to be cruising into the 2nd trimester!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors