(Closed) Nov 2015 Mamas Part 5: We are thankful to be cruising into the 2nd trimester!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What will you dress your baby in at the holidays?

Santa suit

Elf suit

Christmas/Holiday onesie

Formal wear: fancy dress or vest/shirt combo

Something else (tell us about it!)

• Post # 197
    860 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

Go Team Blue!!!!! heehee

Here’s our Updated Calendar!!!!!! 🙂

Post # 198
    1263 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    Nickig_4:  wow! Lots of boys on the Nov calendar!

Post # 199
    224 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

There sure are lots of boys! And most of us who are finding out should know by this time next month!! can’t wait to see the total numbers!

This morning i was wishing i had a home doppler.  It was over 24 hrs since i felt any movement, and of course i was stressing.  Then i ate a whole bag of skittles to get some sugar in me, and lots of movement ensued.  I’m so bad about worrying about the unknown!! … even though i should know better and that its too early to worry about lack of movement

Today i went to a work meeting at lunch where food was provided, and devoured a big turkey sandwich from Atlanta Bread before realizing i wasn’t supposed to eat lunch meat.  oops.  But this kind of thing really doesn’t bother me since some of you have had doctors tell you lunch meat is fine. 

Post # 200
    860 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    BlueEyes222:  I was the same way. Worried all the time that the baby was no longer alive and that my next apt there wouldn’t be a heartbeat. I was driving both myself and my DH crazy. So we ordered a doppler to ease my stress in between appointments and I’m sooo happy I did! I listen to the baby anytime I want!!!!

This is the one I ordered!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CE-FDA-US-Seller-LCD-Hand-held-Pocket-Fetal-Doppler-Baby-Heart-Beat-Monitor-Gel-/111695181880?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a018d3838

Post # 201
    860 posts
    Busy bee

So the hospital called this morning to let me know they booked me for my Anatomy scan (this Saturday) in a time slot that is for emergency. And that they needed to move the appointment. I was so frustrated! I had that appointment booked for 5 weeks! 🙁

But now I’m happy because its been rescheduled for tomorrow morning at 9am! I’m just nervous as I want everything to be ok with our lil guy!!!

What is all included in these appointments?

Post # 202
    1423 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2009

View original reply
    Nickig_4:  I have mine tomorrow, too.  I also had one at 16 weeks.  I’m sure it varies from place to place, but it’s just a regular ultrasound, only longer.  They take lots of measurements, and try to get a good look at all of the major organs to see if they seem to be functioning properly, are properly formed and so on.  I’m a little nervous, too!  I don’t have any reason to be worried. Everything looked fine at the last one, but some things were too small to get a good enough look, so I have to go back.  (Someone in the scheduling office messed up and had me come in too early!)

Post # 203
    209 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    Nickig_4:  The appointment is just a longer ultrasound than normal and they will point out all the major organs and features to you (brain, heart, kidney, etc).  If the machine has 3D/4D capabilities, they will turn it on and show you the baby’s face.  They did that for me and he looked like an alien, lol.  The nice thing is that you’re done drawing blood for awhile.

Post # 204
    1663 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Just got back from our anatomy scan, and baby BOY looks great! He wasn’t shy about showing off the goods. 

Post # 206
    1263 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    Fall_In_Love22:  Yay! Congrats on the great ultrasound and your little boy!! 

Post # 207
    1675 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

View original reply
    maggielou52:  Welcome!!

View original reply
    LindsayAnn58:  I’m glad that you are able to feel baby now.  It is such a relief once the worry kicks in.  

View original reply
    sherryberry:  Yeah, I find that I can only do about half the cleaning I used to before I start getting cramps and have to take it easy.  My OB said that means I’m over doing it and to rest the rest of the day and next.  I’m starting maid service next week because it just too hard cleaning and taking care of a 2 yr old. 

View original reply
    HeyJude72:  Congrats on your boy again.  Good luck at your next appt.  I’m sure everything will be fine.  I love your aunts advice.  It really is amazing to see your child’s own personality blossom.  My son is very outgoing and silly.  My husband and I are not very outgoing but can be silly at times so it just fun to see since he is different from us. 

View original reply
    BlueEyes222:  They say not to worry about movement yet but I get the same way.  So skittles is the trick.  Yeah, my OB says not to worry about lunch meat from a deli or at a busy resturant. He says to stay away from the meat sitting on the shelf. 

View original reply
    Fall_In_Love22:  Congrats on the baby boy!! So many boys!

Post # 209
    860 posts
    Busy bee

Post # 211
    860 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    HeyJude72:  i know!!! It’s so insane!!!!

The topic ‘Nov 2015 Mamas Part 5: We are thankful to be cruising into the 2nd trimester!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors