(Closed) Nov 2015 Mamas Part 5: We are thankful to be cruising into the 2nd trimester!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What will you dress your baby in at the holidays?
    Santa suit : (2 votes)
    6 %
    Elf suit : (2 votes)
    6 %
    Christmas/Holiday onesie : (19 votes)
    61 %
    Formal wear: fancy dress or vest/shirt combo : (6 votes)
    19 %
    Something else (tell us about it!) : (2 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 213
    3295 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

My husband and I had a much needed heart to heart about his DOA sex drive. I actually feel lots better now. I understand where he’s coming from. He said it’s not me, he finds me attractive, loves the baby, but my body is the baby’s home right now and it feels very, very wrong to do anything sexual right now. It’s pretty common apparently, and he feels awful about it. To make up for the lack of,  I’ve asked him to make sure that I get lots of kisses and cuddles and affection. He hopes that it’ll be different with the next baby, as do I. For the first time in our lives, the shoe is on the other foot, and it’s weird, but he knows that as soon as baby is born and we are settled, he’ll be right back to it. Thank god.

He also explained that while he’s not raiding the sales for baby stuff or jonesing to decorate the nursery, he’s prepared for our first child in big ways, like upgrading to a family vehicle, buying this house, getting a better job, getting all his training done at the new job asap so he doesn’t have to be away from home after the baby is born. So, he may not be singing to my belly or helping me to pick out curtains, he’s prepping in the ways he knows best, setting us all up for a secure future.  The brightest side of that, is that I get to pick out whatever I want and nest away, and he likes whatever I pick out.

Post # 215
    2160 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

sherryberry:  Sounds like my husband in terms of preparing for the baby 🙂 My husband’s doing things like buying covers for the electric sockets and thinking about furniture, about buying a bigger house, a better car..  however when I buy cute little baby stuff he’s not that bothered 🙂

Post # 217
    3295 posts
    Sugar bee

amanda3334455:  much more practical, yes. Good on him to focus on the safety aspect. Once the yard is done, we can baby proof the sun deck. Id rather get it done now in case we have any more littles over.

Post # 219
    692 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

Fall_In_Love22:  Well, I can help with that!  Put me down for team pink!

Anatomy scan was today!  Technically a week early, but I scheduled it early b/c I thought we’d be on a cruise next week….. had to cancel… blah.  And I don’t have any cute pictures, baby was in a weird position so we didn’t get a profile pic.  I go back in a week to hopefully get that + some more heart pics, hopefully my little girl rolls over!

Post # 220
    1676 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

UsagiTsukino:  Congrats on your little girl!!  We needed more pink added to the calender.  I hope you will be able to get some great pictures next week. 

Post # 221
    3295 posts
    Sugar bee

Team pink! Lucky you 😀 I had a feeling because you’ve been extra sick, have you not? Why’d you have to cancel the cruise?

Post # 223
    692 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

desertgirl:  HeyJude72:  Thanks!

sherryberry:  We sadly had 2 deaths in our families this month, and Darling Husband messed up his back.  Between it all he missed a lot of work and didn’t feel comfortable asking for a whole week off in July.  Especially since he’s a new associate at the firm, and while they’re very flexible with time spent in the office, the bottom line is, you have to reach your monthly billable hours goal, and he will probably be a little under for June.  As of August 3rd the cruise line won’t let me on the boat anymore (I’ll be 24 weeks), so we’re trying to plan an August or September trip somewhere else instead.

But yeah, I had an on-and-off terrible time with morning sickness.  But everything else (carrying low, craving salty instead of sweet, acne went away) said boy!  Happy either way though!

Post # 224
    3295 posts
    Sugar bee

I’m sorry to hear that. Sounds like things are crazy for you two right now.

Post # 225
    860 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

BlueEyes222: LDMTNBRIDE: desss: Monny: flossy.lou: Nyasha: RedPandas: SoNLuv214: el.mc.568: tiffancy: Hemmes:  no_elle:  RoundtreeBee: teamjay: cam1921: smilesstorm: frenchiemom: missjz:  cstarkwe: libradana301: desertgirl: 

Hey all!!! Just wondering if you have found out the genders of your little ones or if you are Team Green!? 

Post # 226
    1676 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

Nickig_4:  Not yet. We plan on having a reveal party in a couple of weeks. : )

The topic ‘Nov 2015 Mamas Part 5: We are thankful to be cruising into the 2nd trimester!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors