(Closed) Nov 2015 Mama's: The Babies are Coming!!!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
764 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

How many days until due date & when are you due?      Today, it’s 11 days to our due date. 

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when?     Not at this time. 

Any signs of labor yet?     Nope. That’s the way I like it. 

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)?     About 30 at 38w2d.

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)?    We’re doing hypnobirthing, so the goal is for a “calm” birth. I’ve read enough stories and watched enough videos to know it’s possible. I’ve been practicing my relaxation for about two months (fear = tension  = pain), I won’t let people tell me their negative birth stories, and I’ve spent a good chunk of time learning about the physical process of birth.  I feel like i get eye rolls, but there are stidies that show that hypnobirths have reduced interventions and use of pain meds. We’ll be having a water birth at a midwife birthing floor that’s part of our hospital system.

Who will be in the delivery room with you?  DH and (hopefully) a doula. Our hospital has a volunteer doula program that we just found out about, so hopefully we’ll get matched with someone. 

If baby isn’t here yet: What’s your guess – when will your baby arrive and how much will he/she weigh?     Based on ovulation, i think my real due date is Thanksgiving or black friday.. Darling Husband works for an ecommerce advertising company (programming), so we really hope she holds off until after cyber monday. If she goes to 40-41, the midwife thinks she’ll be 7 lbs and change.

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Finish painting our living room and doing a deep clean of the house. 

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)?   Darling Husband will be talking a month off. My sister has offered to help with cooking and keeping me company. 

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM?   I actually stopped working right before we got pregnant with this sticky baby. We were having back-to-back miscarriages, so it was either stop trying or quit. It was affecting my job performance, and I was looking for a career change anyway. If it didn’t work, I would have gone back to school. I’ll be a Stay-At-Home Mom for at least a few years, unless I go crazy at home and feel the need to go back. I’m not domestic at all, but luckily Darling Husband has low expectations. 

Post # 4
783 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

HeyJude72:  just stopping by to say congratulations from a former November mama 🙂 Glad you and baby are doing well! Turns out even though I am due 12/4 I just may have a November baby after all! It’s all so unpredictable. Can’t wait to see more babies coming!

Post # 5
692 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

How many days until due date & when are you due? Or when did baby arrive? EDD 11/23, so 10 days from now, buuuuut ->

Any reason for a scheduled C-section or induction? If so, why and when? Yep.  Kiddo is breech.  c-section scheduled for 11/17, as long as I don’t go into labor before then.

Any signs of labor yet? Nothin’

Weight gain to date (if you care to share)? 31 lbs

What’s your general birth plan (eg. drug-free, epidural, gas, C-section)? c-section

Who will be in the delivery room with you? just Darling Husband

What’s left on your pre-baby to-do list? Uh, a lot.  LOL.  Its not going to get done.  We JUST put the crib together tonight, going to look for changing table and other decorations tomorrow.  A friend is coming over on Sunday for Freezer Meal Cooking Day.

Are you getting any help when you return home from the hospital (DH,  Mom, MIL)?  Mom is going to stay from the weekend I get home from the hospital till Thanksgiving.

How long will you take for maternity leave / will you be a SAHM?  Self-employed, I run a small business making and selling jewelry.  I’m putting the business on hiatus until I feel like I can pick it back up.  Hoping that’ll be sometime next summer?  I’m playing it by ear, but I’ll be a WAHM!

Post # 7
6839 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

HeyJude72:  I was thinking of you the other day before you posted this thread. Congrats! Seems like your November baby turned into an October one. Must feel good to be over with the whole L&D. What is your baby’s name if you don’t mind me asking?

Post # 8
Hostess
3158 posts
Sugar bee

Any updates ladies??

The topic ‘Nov 2015 Mama's: The Babies are Coming!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors