(Closed) Nov 2015 Mama's- Third Trimester here we come!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Which First Holiday are you most excited to share with Baby?
    Halloween (if baby comes early!) : (2 votes)
    9 %
    Thanksgiving : (1 votes)
    4 %
    Hannukah : (0 votes)
    Christmas : (19 votes)
    83 %
    NYE : (1 votes)
    4 %
    Valentine's Day : (0 votes)
    Easter/Passover : (0 votes)
    Other: Add Your own : (0 votes)
  • Post # 2
    927 posts
    Busy bee

Hi! I will do the whole roll call later when I’m on my computer, but just wanted to say hi and thanks for starting another thread. 

31weeks with baby girl Flossy! Due 1st Nov. 

Post # 4
    1831 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

EDD: Nov 25th

Team: Pink

Name (if you want to share): Victoria

The most exciting moment so far: Finally having good ultrasounds after 2 MCs.

The thing(s) you miss the most: Booze

Do you have a nursery theme (feel free to share pics!)? No theme really. Colors are peach/pink with a lot of neutrals. Besides the little paintings and crib, it could serve as a room for any female because it’s not really baby specific. We may move in the not too distant future, so didn’t see the point of painting.

What symptoms or fears are you having? Probably all the unspeakable fears all pregnant women share. I’m at high risk for preterm labor due to a short (incompetant) cervix, so every week that passes is so important. I know most premies do ok after 28 weeks, but I really don’t want her to start off life in the NICU.

What projects (baby related or not!) are you working on? Staying pregnant.

The thing you are most looking forward to: Meeting the baby!

What are you reading/learning/taking classes about these days? Nada. I’m determined to not learn anymore things.

Any news you would like to share: 2 colace pills work better than 1.

Post # 5
    1534 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Roll Call!

EDD:  Nov 29…. 27w2d today

Team:  Green

Name (if you want to share):  We’re still trying to narrow things down to a short list, but we’re keeping them to ourselves.

The most exciting moment so far:  Starting to feel movement.  I love those kicks and punches!

The thing(s) you miss the most:  Wine, for sure.

Do you have a nursery theme (feel free to share pics!)?  Nursery is still in early stages…. we’re in the middle of repainting the dresser, and this weekend we’re going to paint the room.  We’re going with a light blue-green and planning on a loose ocean theme.  But mostly I just want it to feel soothing.  For me, if not the baby!

What symptoms or fears are you having?  Heartburn, pain when I walk for more than 5 min, peeing all. the. time.

What projects (baby related or not!) are you working on?  Nursery is the biggest one!  Besides the dresser and the room, I’m planning to make curtains and a bunch of other stuff.  We’re also purging and reorganizing to prepare for the onslaught of baby gear…. and the fact that we’re losing our office/guest room/place to put extra crap due to setting up the nursery.

The thing you are most looking forward to:  Meeting the baby!  I cannot wait, getting so excited.

What are you reading/learning/taking classes about these days?  We start childbirth classes in a few weeks.  Next on my list is reading up on breastfeeding, and I also need to look into pediatricians one of these days.

Any news you would like to share:  I passed my gestational diabetes test today!  To celebrate, I have an apple crisp in the oven.  

Post # 6
    1059 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2014 - Loft

HeyJude72: 

Roll Call EDD: nov 21

Team: pink

Name (if you want to share): Odette (still deciding between January or Violet for MN)

The most exciting moment so far: everything 

The thing(s) you miss the most: red.wine.

Do you have a nursery theme (feel free to share pics!)? no theme but we went with black, white, gold and pale pink. Incorporated a gorgeous felt swan head to play off the swan lake odette reference but it’s subtle 

What symptoms or fears are you having? only fear is ending up with a stage 4 tear aka a vaganus 

What projects (baby related or not!) are you working on? Nothing! Nursery is done. Maybe pack hospitals bag next? 

The thing you are most looking forward to: holiday season with my husband and baby and celebrating our first wedding anniversary with her with us 

What are you reading/learning/taking classes about these days? Prenatal yoga 

Any news you would like to share: we have our 3d ultrasound on Friday. Looking forward to seeing her sweet little face. 

Post # 7
    490 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

Roll Call

EDD: November 19

Team: Green

Name (if you want to share): We’ve picked out a name for both a boy and a girl.  If it’s a boy Dominic and a girl Abigail.  We’ll be using my dad’s name for the middle name in both otherwise George or Georgina, we thought it was a good way to honour his memory.

The most exciting moment so far: Definitely feeling the baby kick for the first time.

The thing(s) you miss the most: Sushi, wine and cold cuts

Do you have a nursery theme (feel free to share pics!)? We’re keeping our colour scheme very neutral for right now, gray and white.  We’re doing an owl theme and I’ve been able to find some great owl accessories from a number of places.  So far I have blankets, pillows, book ends, hand carved wood owls.  Darling Husband thinks I’m going a little overboard.

What symptoms or fears are you having? Heartburn and acid reflex like there’s no tomorrow.  Extreme swelling in my legs and feet, along with really back varicose viens.  Definitely starting to get a little anxious for delivery, not sure exactly what to expect and how things will go.

What projects (baby related or not!) are you working on? We’re actually currently in the process of finishing our basement, which has been a huge amount of work and Darling Husband wants that done before the baby comes.  We’re also working on the nursery, my goal is to have it ready by the end of September.

The thing you are most looking forward to: Holding our baby for the first time and seeing Darling Husband hold him or her.

What are you reading/learning/taking classes about these days? We’re taking a prenatal/childbirth classes in a couple weeks.  I’ve read What to Expect and now want to start reading up on breastfeeding.

Any news you would like to share:  Instead of measuring 11 days ahead like the baby was I am now measuring 7 days ahead which according to my OB is within tolerance.  We had an ultrasound on Friday that showed the baby has already moved to a head down position and according to the OB is perfectly healthy.  Oh and I haven’t gained a single pound since my last OB appointment a month ago, which means currently I’ve put on 6lbs this pregnancy.

Post # 8
    787 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Roll Call

EDD: November 4

Name (if you want to share): Ridley Sarah

The most exciting moment so far: Finding out we’re having a girl! Also, seeing her during the anatomy scan!

The thing(s) you miss the most: Alcohol, sushi, my good face wash, fitting into my non-maternity clothes

Do you have a nursery theme (feel free to share pics!)? Owl themed, gray/yellow/white/turquoise

What symptoms or fears are you having? Starting to think a lot about the delivery and getting nervous for it.

What projects (baby related or not!) are you working on? Trying to get the apartment organized so we have space for all her things. Also, trying to fill the freezer with good dinner for post-delivery.

The thing you are most looking forward to: Meeting her! But also going on maternity leave in 6.5 weeks.

What are you reading/learning/taking classes about these days? I’ve been wanting to read What to Expect when You’re Expecting cover-to-cover in the next week or two, instead of just reading the ‘relevant’ chapters. Also, we’re starting Labor & Delivery and Baby Care classes in less than two weeks.

Post # 9
    217 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

EDD:  11/25.  28 weeks today

Team:  Pink!

Name (if you want to share):  We’re dragging our feet on this decision, but have it narrowed down to a few.

The most exciting moment so far:  Finding out that it’s a girl!  We already have a boy, so one of each will be perfect 🙂  And I love feeling the movements… looking foward to feeling hiccups

The thing(s) you miss the most:  sleeping comfortably.  and wine.

Do you have a nursery theme (feel free to share pics!)?  I love the bedding set we got; it’s called Dahlia, and has shades of purple flowers.  So we’re planning to accessorize with lilac, but likely paint the walls a light linen color.

What symptoms or fears are you having?  Typical soreness, bad skin, etc.  My ankles have started swelling if I stand too long, so I’m trying to keep my feet up as much as possible!  I’m also worried about going into labor naturally… I would rather be induced so we can plan for grandparents to be here (since they’re several states away)

What projects (baby related or not!) are you working on?  I want to get DS sleeping in a big bed before baby comes so we can put the crib in the nursery.  We still need to paint the nursery and set it all up too, but I think we pretty much have all the stuff.  I feel like we’re really behind on this stuff, but we’re travelling and won’t get to do it until the end of Sept.

The thing you are most looking forward to:  Spending lots of time with DS as an only child now, and then seeing him as a big brother!  Meeting this little girl and seeing how different her personality is to DS

What are you reading/learning/taking classes about these days?  nothing really

Any news you would like to share:  I have my followup ultrasound this afternoon, and I think I’ll also get my rhogam shot.  I hope Darling Husband can make to see the baby on ultrasound!

Post # 10
    1676 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

Roll Call

EDD:  11/28

Team: Blue

Name (if you want to share): I’m going with Gabriel right now.  Still need to lock it down with my Darling Husband. 

The most exciting moment so far: Seeing a great heartbeat after 2 MCs. 

The thing(s) you miss the most: Beer

Do you have a nursery theme (feel free to share pics!)?  Nautical

What symptoms or fears are you having?  I’ve been pretty lucky and do not have to many bad symtoms.  The only thing is my tailbone will act up once in a while.  I still have the fear of losing the baby but that fear is getting smaller and smaller as time goes on. 

What projects (baby related or not!) are you working on?  I’m just trying to decorate, furnish the house before the baby comes cause I know it will not happen once he is here.  Also upgrading my son’s room to a big boy room with a big boy bed.  He will almost be 3 once the baby is here. 

The thing you are most looking forward to:  Having my son meet his brother.

What are you reading/learning/taking classes about these days?  I’m not doing anything since I did this before.  I still look a baby center for the weekly updates. 

Any news you would like to share:  My latest news is that I failed the 1 hour glucose test and will be doing the 3 hr one in a couple of days.  My 28wk appt is next week and I get to see the baby in 3D.  

Post # 11
    3295 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

Roll Call

EDD: Nov 1

Team: Blue!

Name (if you want to share): Nolan Romeo 

The most exciting moment so far: The 20 week ultrasound

The thing(s) you miss the most: Sleeping on my stomach, not having reflux, being able to have a drink after a stressful day at work.

Do you have a nursery theme (feel free to share pics!)? Cute, non-rustic woodland

What symptoms or fears are you having? Fears mostly just about how to handle the pain of labour, how having a baby will change our lives.

What projects (baby related or not!) are you working on? Nothing at the moment, just thinking of decor ideas for the nursery and will be starting a little cross-stitch bib soon

The thing you are most looking forward to: Holding our little boy, seeing what he looks like (no ultrasounds past 20 weeks) and learning how to be a mommy.

What are you reading/learning/taking classes about these days? Reading Labour Day, Have two all day prenatal classes this month, one through the health unit and one that’s more holistic and post-baby care.

Any news you would like to share: No news really, just trucking along, getting bigger by the day.

Post # 12
    241 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

EDD: 12/30

Name (if you want to share): Aria Lucille, or Lucille Aria Lucy for short.

The most exciting moment so far: find out the sex of the baby. I was so excited I felt like screaming at her to hurry up and tell me.

The thing(s) you miss the most: drinks with dinner bloody steak and runny eggs.

Do you have a nursery theme (feel free to share pics!)? More of a color scheme. mint, gold, and different shades of pink and a touch of Harry potter.

What symptoms or fears are you having? Right now it’s just wondering when the stretch marks will start showing.

What projects (baby related or not!) are you working on? Nothing as of right now since we’re moving back home in a month and don’t want to move extra thing.

The thing you are most looking forward to: cuddling!

What are you reading/learning/taking classes about these days? I’m not really taking classes or reading books. I feel like everything I’m going through is natural. I’be just been trying to see how many many things we need to buy to be prepared.

Any news you would like to share: not really. I just can’t wait to move so that I can finally nest and get ready for our baby girl.

Post # 13
    692 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

Roll Call

EDD: Nov 23rd

Team: Pink!

Name (if you want to share): We’re down to 3 names, and are waiting to meet her to make a final decision.

The most exciting moment so far: anatomy scan was pretty awesome, getting to see a baby-shaped thing in there!

The thing(s) you miss the most: sushi and wine!

Do you have a nursery theme (feel free to share pics!)? Still in the planning stages, as we’re not in the house yet, but it most likely going to be white & grey with lavender accents.

What symptoms or fears are you having? Labor in general is admittedly freaking me out a bit.  I’m hoping to get us signed up for a weekend birthing/newborn care class but we’re so busy that its hard to fit in!

What projects (baby related or not!) are you working on? Just started knitting a baby blanket!

The thing you are most looking forward to: Getting to hold her and meet her and see what kind of person she becomes!!!  Ahh, just so excited to see the reality that is this kid!

What are you reading/learning/taking classes about these days?  Well I’m getting a crash course in all that is required of negotiating a house sale/mortgage/homeowner’s insurance.  Not baby related but keeping me pretty dang busy at the moment!

Any news you would like to share: We bought a house!!!!!!

Post # 14
    93 posts
    Worker bee

Roll Call

EDD: Nov. 2, 31w3d. although he’s measuring big on the ultrasounds by about 2 weeks!

Team: Blue!

Name (if you want to share): Lucas Anthony

The most exciting moment so far: Seeing/feeling him kick and move. We’ve been able to see and feel him move since I was 16w2ds, and it’s something that Darling Husband and I look forward to every night. We lay on the couch together and just watch him and interact with him. It’s amazing!

The thing(s) you miss the most: On hot day, I miss  being able to enjoy a nice cold beer or margarita. I’ve even had dreams about them…

Do you have a nursery theme (feel free to share pics!)? Elephants and owls. I’ve always loved the two animals, and I love the designs I’ve been seeing for those!

What symptoms or fears are you having? I’ve been having braxton hicks since 20 or so weeks. Ended up in the hospital at 24weeks for regular, non-stopping BH’s. I started having painful ones a couple of weeks ago which my OB has me keeping an eye on. Seems like this little guy is eager to come! Also been having hip pain, especially when trying to sleep. Just getting to be generally uncomfortable…Fears have been lessening. I’m starting to feel more and more ready. But, my biggest thing I worry about is how mine and DH’s relationship will be afterwards. I know we will look at eachother in different, ways that are good, but I’m nervous about change period!

What projects (baby related or not!) are you working on? Cleaning and purging stuff around the house. Just trying to make room for Lucas and make sure everything is set up for when he comes!

The thing you are most looking forward to: Seeing what he looks like. I cannot wait to see what features he gets from me and what features he gets from my Darling Husband. I also can’t wait to see Darling Husband hold him for the first time. The look on his face when he stares at my belly and says “I just want to hold him and never let him go” has so much yearning in it, it melts my heart.

What are you reading/learning/taking classes about these days? Taking our birthing class next Saturday which is exciting. I’ve just been reading random articles about breast feeding and how to survive labor lol.

Any news you would like to share: Have my baby shower this Saturday and I’m so excited! I can’t wait to see all my friends and family and celebrate my little guy. I’m also super excited for the food. Cannoli cake? Yes please!!

Post # 15
    764 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

EDD: November 24, by LMP. 

Name (if you want to share): I think we have one, though we’re not committing yet.

The most exciting moment so far: Getting to viability. After a bunch of early losses, the fact that she can survive outside of me is amazing.

The thing(s) you miss the most: Sleep, sushi, generally being comfortable in my body.

Do you have a nursery theme (feel free to share pics!)? Blue walls with citrus-colored accents (heavy on pink).

What symptoms or fears are you having? Other than achiness, insomnia, hemorrhoids, itchy boobs & armpits and fatigue, not many.

What projects (baby related or not!) are you working on? Nothing really. I’ve been traveling a lot (pleasure) and have been focusing on taking it easy.

The thing you are most looking forward to: Meeting her. 

What are you reading/learning/taking classes about these days? I’m loving my hypnobirthing classes, and they’re really helping my stress levels independent of the pregnancy. We have our hospital tour in two weeks and I’m debating whether to take their birthing class. We need to sign up for infant CPR.

Any news you would like to share: We’re still pregnant. It still seems like a dream sometimes. 

The topic ‘Nov 2015 Mama's- Third Trimester here we come!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors