posted 3 years ago in November 2016
Post # 2
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

Hello November brides!

Wedding Date: Nov 5, 2016

Colors: Plaid, Gold, Forest Green, with chalkboard and kraft paper accents

Favorite part of planning? probably the DIY decor, but really I’ve enjoyed all of it

Worst part of planning? Waiting for stuff I ordered online to get here!

What was the last thing you put money toward for the wedding?  Dress alterations ($230 for hemming and taking in the straps)

Whats the biggest thing left to do? waiting for RSVPs to come back so then we will have to confirm the # of people to the venue and start making the seating plan.   Also have to get groomsmen suits (but Fiance is in charge of that)

Honeymoon?! Where??: Germany, Austria, and Prague for three weeks in Nov/Dec

Top 5 Menu items: hard to choose!  I’m excited for our dessert table which will have cupcakes, individual pies in assorted flavours, and brownies.  Mains are steak with a dark ale jus, seared salmon with orange thyme glaze, and a chickpea saffron curry for the vegetarians. potatoes and veggie skewer sides, and 3 different salad options to start. a variety of passed apps during cocktail hour

We are going for rustic, cozy winter cabin feel, so we are hoping for lots of snow before the big day!

Post # 3
756 posts
Busy bee

*raises hand* I’m here I’m here!

Wedding Date: 11/27/16

Colors: nude, grey, gold, blush, mauve, wine, plum

Favorite part of planning?  Coordinating flowers/decor and choosing music

Worst part of planning?  GUEST. LIST.

What was the last thing you put money toward for the wedding? Just ordered some guest book/card table signs today and got frames to put them in

Whats the biggest thing left to do? Finish addressing invitations and write the ceremony

Honeymoon?! Where??: Gatlinburg, TN

Top 5 Menu items:  That’s most of our menu lol! My faves – our shrimp & grits bar, chicken sausage jambalaya pasta, tempura fried okra, honey cornbread, and our Thanksgiving pie table!

Post # 4
938 posts
Busy bee

kkkatieB12 :  Yay, another Gatlinburg honeymooner!

Wedding Date: 11/05/16

Colors:  Taupe, Green, Blush, Gold, Merlot

Favorite part of planning?  DIY (I’m doing everything from my headpiece to my tablerunners!) and cake tastings πŸ˜‰

Worst part of planning?  Nothing was all-inclusive for me, so having to contact each and every vendor and coordinate their schedule, arrival, and other information has been tiring (and I’m not even done yet!), but I wouldn’t have it any other way!

What was the last thing you put money toward for the wedding?  Fiance and I paid the remaining balance for our photographer and band yesterday!  We are planning to owe only tips by the wedding.

Whats the biggest thing left to do?  Get those RSVPs back so I can let the caterer know how many people will be coming, and so I can update the number of rentals I will truly need (and hopefully get some $$$ back for other things)!

Honeymoon?! Where??:  Gatlinburg, Tennessee!  We are renting a cabin from an owner who rents to couple’s only that includes a game room, two hot tubs, and a heated indoor pool.  So excited!

Top 5 Menu items:  I’m especially excited about the chicken & waffle bites & tomato soup shooters w/ grilled cheese bites as passed apps, and all of our dinner choices (family-style, so everyone gets to try a bit of everything) – apple and brie stuffed chicken breast, grilled flat iron steak, & ricotta stuffed pasta with butternut squash and a sage-butter sauce.  Now my mouth is watering!

Post # 5
385 posts
Helper bee

We are honeymooning in Gatlinburg also!

Wedding Date: 11/6/2016

Colors: gold, black and white

Favorite part of planning? Paying everything off!

Worst part of planning? Coordinating vendors or wedding dress issues.

What was the last thing you put money toward for the wedding? Paying off the reception.

Whats the biggest thing left to do? Fixing botched alterations πŸ™

Honeymoon?! Where??: gatlinburg for a week in a cabin!

Top 5 Menu items: everything! Our reception is at Maggianos  

Post # 6
61 posts
Worker bee

Wedding date: 11-12-16

Colors: Blush and gold

Favorite part of planning: I am so in love with my Fox gown πŸ™‚

Worst part of planning: Unfortunately I had to switch hairstylists after my initial trial

The last thing I paid for was: boxes/tags for our wedding favors 

The biggest thing left to do: We are still trying to figure out transportation for our guests

Honeymoon: we are going to spend a few days in the Florida Keys and plan for a longer trip next year πŸ™‚

Menu: I am so excited for our salted caramel flavored wedding cake!

Post # 8
98 posts
Worker bee

Wedding Date: November 12th 2016

Location: Minnamurra and Berry on the south coast NSW Australia.

Colors: We don’t have official colours but as it is spring time in Australia we have a mix of dusty pink, white and light purple.Β 

Favorite part of planning? All the DIY, I never knew how much I liked it before the planning process πŸ™‚

Worst part of planning? Probably figuring out who to invite.

What was the last thing you put money toward for the wedding? We paid all our vendors off a few months ago but probably the Polaroid film for the Polaroid guest book.

Whats the biggest thing left to do? Nothing big left to do really, just a few little things. When we get all the rsvps back we’ll have to do the table plan.

Honeymoon?! Where??: we are going on a cruise to New Caledonia for 10 days πŸ™‚Β 

Top 5 Menu items: probably the chicken, potato bake and all the candy at the candy bar haha

Post # 10
592 posts
Busy bee

Wedding Date: 11/27

Colors: Navy, gold, and blush

Favorite part of planning? Wedding ring shopping… is that considered “planning”? I’ve had a super easy time, our venue has made things so easy, I’ve been uncharacteristically on top of things the whole time we’ve been engaged and planning, so I’ve really enjoyed everything.

Worst part of planning? Checking for RSVPs compulsively

What was the last thing you put money toward for the wedding? Pashminas as part of the bridesmaid gifts

Whats the biggest thing left to do? Seating chart! Come on RSVPs, I’m waiting! 

Honeymoon?! Where??: Palm Desert and San Diego

Top 5 Menu items: Eggs benny & stuffed french toast are a hit. I’m so excited for brunch food!

Post # 11
732 posts
Busy bee

Wedding Date: November 12!

Colors: Emerald, peach, and gold

Favorite part of planning?  Cake tasting!  

Worst part of planning?  How expensive everything is, probably.

What was the last thing you put money toward for the wedding?  The band for the reception

Whats the biggest thing left to do?  We still have to buy all the wine!  We chose a couple of reds but I have no idea what whites to choose.

Honeymoon?! Where??:  Colorado!!

Top 5 Menu items: cake counts, right?  Also our mac and cheese bar, the slider bar, chicken and waffle bites, smoked salmon bites.  We’re doing all passed apps and stations instead of a sit down dinner.

Post # 12
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016 - New Orleans, LA

carter2bee :  how fun!

Wedding Date: Nov 12

Colors: Blush, Navy, Gold, Plum

Favorite part of planning?: Checking things off my list and spending $$$

Worst part of planning?: Being indecisive! I hate being in love with two things and having to choose just one.

What was the last thing you put money toward for the wedding?: I am still buying and paying for things. I guess the last thing we will put money towards will be all the tips the day of.

Whats the biggest thing left to do? Purchasing the liquor (why did I think this was a good idea?)

Honeymoon?! Where??:  Bali for 2 weeks (by way of Tokyo for a few days)

Top 5 Menu items: Beignets, Almond wedding cake with raspberry filling, Mini slider bar for the “late night snack” table, cajun spring rolls, oyster rockefeller.

Add anything you’d like: My year of planning FLEW by. I still feel like I have a lot to do. 29 days. O.M.G.

Post # 13
756 posts
Busy bee

I might be biased but I feel like the November brides have the best menus! All of them sound delicious!

Post # 14
662 posts
Busy bee

carter2bee :  

Wedding Date: November 19th, 2016

Location: Right outside New Orleans, LA at a beautiful venue on the bayou

Colors: Different shades of purple, light gold and candle light (not really a color)

Favorite part of planning? Going to the venue for dinner and cocktails at various times during the last year and a half to try their menu items, trying my dress on and absolutely loving it, cake tasting, getting RSVPs, a lot of other things.  I loved planning!

Worst part of planning? Guest list stresses

What was the last thing you put money toward for the wedding? Our wedding bands πŸ™‚

Whats the biggest thing left to do? OMG still have to order tuxedo rentals!!  However, apparently I can do that up until 2 weeks left…I’m out of the country now but will get this done as soon as I get back home.

Honeymoon?! Where??: No honeymoon right away.  We are looking forward to staying home and hanging out with our baby boy of the canine variety after the wedding.

Top 5 Menu items: Almond cake with strawberry and cream cheese filling and almond buttercream, prime rib with rolls, mashed potato bar, crab cakes and crawfish pies

caritcake :  I’m a NOLA bride too πŸ™‚

Post # 15
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016 - New Orleans, LA

kawood0618 :  yay!! Are you from NOLA originally? I am from Houston. Where is/are your venue(s)? My ceremony is at The Pharmacy Museum and the reception at The Cabildo.  Congrats!!!

The topic ‘Nov 2016 CHECK IN!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors